Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebook Reader

Options
  • 09-11-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hey I'm looking for an ebook reader specifically for college as I have alot of text book on Pdf format ;). From what I can gather the kindle is the best option, my queries are more in relation to journal articles and recording notes from them anything I should know? Is the kindle a good option for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

steoin wrote: »
    Hey I'm looking for an ebook reader specifically for college as I have alot of text book on Pdf format ;). From what I can gather the kindle is the best option, my queries are more in relation to journal articles and recording notes from them anything I should know? Is the kindle a good option for this?
    For book and journal pdfs I'd recommend a tablet. Kindle Fire/iPad/etc rather than the smaller kindle e-reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Yeah, Kindle Fire/iPad/Nexus 7 is OK, better than the smaller kindle e-reader.
    To choose which one depends on your specific needs, this article might do some help for you: http://www.enolsoft.com/blog/ipad-mini-vs-kindle-fire-hd-vs-nexus7-best-7-inch-tablets-comparison/

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Personally I'd go for the Google Nexus 7.

I've gone through dozens of media players/eBook readers in the last two years trying to find the right balance:

Archos 605, Archos 705, Archos 70b eReader, iPod Touch, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 etc, etc, etc!!

The best I've found is the Nexus!

Handles eBooks in any format I've tried. If you install the free FBReader you can set the page margins to zero, top, bottom, and sides to give you the same content as a standard paperback book page - unlike the Kindle app which wont allow this, giving you about 3/5ths of a page.

PDF's are handled really crisply and scale to almost any level thanks to the 1280 x 800 screen.

Impressive media capability too, handles 720p .mkv files with ease!

all in all it's the one I'd recommend, and I dont see myself changing mine for something else anytime soon!

Advertisement