Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've just punched a child

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

^ just off Grand Canal

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

EEm wrote: »
    There's self defence and there's excessive force.

Would you ever go boil your head in ****e!!!!!

Some ratbag comes at you with a knife you don't spend 10 minutes deciding how hard to punch so as not to use "excessive force" you just want to put the f*****r down and get out of there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Been thinking more about this.what if the poor child was "made" in a massive house on the hill, but before the inventor could finish him he died, and the child was left with scissors for hands. Nevertheless, a kind Avon lay took him in, and he learned what it was like to be past of a family. He started cutting bushes and later hair in the locality. Perhaps he was offering you a free hair cut, and you assaulted him. Now he's back in hiding in the house on his own, making ice sculptures, and occasionally it will snow from all the ice cuttings. You're responsible for the rough winter that's about to happen. Bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

That is some serious amount of likes for the original post!!

record?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Its a pretty disgusting amount of likes if you ask me.

Say what you want, but violence breeds violence and that child will probably stab first and taker the money next time unfortunately...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Big Bottom wrote: »

Say what you want, but violence breeds violence and that child will probably stab first and taker the money next time unfortunately...

Would you ever do us all a favour and **** off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

If my parents were poor and I got the **** kicked out of me everyday for example by my parents, I would not go around and attempt to mug and stab people no matter what. That is only an excuse about rough upbringing etc. You know by the look of these people what they are like, and the all look like knackers, its in there blood.

OP was dead right in protecting himself against the little ****er, you probably have no idea what its actually like now with the amount of scumbags in Ireland.

Your own safety is always number. If the young knacker tried to stab OP, OP could be dead. Sooner the world is rid of that scum the better

If I said, "Hooray, good on you, you should have stamped on him while he was lying on the ground" would I fit in better?

I dont need to to try and get 'thanks' on here for condoning that thanks all the same.

Eh, hello? Who said he was a knacker?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Well done op. I would have instantly reacted by nailing him with a test big boot then hightailing it out of there.

• Advertisement

Knacker, Pikey, Scumbag all the same in my eyes.

And P*ss off trolling!

All the same in your eyes, eh?

Well that just about says it all!

I'm out of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Knacker doesn't mean Traveller in all parts of the country y'know.

What would you have done in the OP's place? Just out of curiosity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:

Traveller bashing stops now please.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

I'm out of this thread!

Bye and don't bother your big fat bottom coming back:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

mod:

Traveller bashing stops now please.

Have we not got another thread for that already?

:pac:

budgemook wrote: »
    Knacker doesn't mean Traveller in all parts of the country y'know.

What would you have done in the OP's place? Just out of curiosity.

I wouldnt have struck him, even if I was strong enough to do that.

I didn't ask you what you wouldn't have done. What would you have done is what I want to know?

I didn't ask you what you wouldn't have done. What would you have done is what I want to know?

Probably shat his Big Bottom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Hugged him to death, or drowned him with saliva from the kisses and the salty tears

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Savage93 wrote: »
    Some ratbag comes at you with a knife you don't spend 10 minutes deciding how hard to punch so as not to use "excessive force" you just want to put the f*****r down and get out of there
    Maybe it's just me, but when I reacted in one case by freezing and the other by lashing out, no thought was involved either way. Pure instinct. Like watching someone else from behind. I didn't even feel the guy punching me back in the latter instance. Very odd. I suppose if you're trained or desensitised to it you'd have time to think but otherwise I dunno.
    You might be surprised BB. I was. I'm too much of a wuss and physically weak to go around starting fisticuffs, but I was surprised at my own reaction. Not a little worried after the fact TBH about how animalistic I could become given the right triggers and circumstances. If the guy had actually succeeded in stabbing me and it didn't take me down on the spot I'm uncomfortable in admitting I'm pretty sure I would have tried to kill him by any means to hand. Personally scary to me, so avoidance is my continuing defence.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thanks Wibbs, maybe I would surprise myself by lashing out.

I just cant stand the macho bravado on here by certain posters! Some people seem to think that the more nasty the response the better they are viewed by others on here. Peer pressure or what?!

Thanks Wibbs, maybe I would surprise myself by lashing out.

I just cant stand the macho bravado on here by certain posters! Some people seem to think that the more nasty the response the better they are viewed by others on here. Peer pressure or what?!

I haven't been in any way macho but you're still ignoring my question. Good look to ya.

I wasnt referring to you! And in answer to your question I probably would have started to cry uncontrollably!

I wasnt referring to you! And in answer to your question I probably would have started to cry uncontrollably!

Okay, that's fair enough. But you probably would have ended up with empty pockets and some kid with a taste for success would be hungry for more.

Fair enough if you wouldn't hit the kid yourself but criticising people advocating doing so when it would more likely make the kid think twice about doing it again is quite rich indeed.

When I was young, if you stepped out of line you got a smack. Somewhere along the line that became the wrong thing to do and now the streets are like they are.

Kid deserved a smack and OP shouldn't be criticised for his reaction whether it be instinctive or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Maybe the little **** would have stabbed if he wasn't punched first?

But you cant blame people for not smacking their kids for streets being like they are.

If anything, the violence this kid is showing is a direct result of the use of violence at home.

And the kid didnt get a smack, he got a full force punch to the face which left him on the ground the mans hand sore.

Can you not see how this form of violence is counter productive and the kid will probably stab someone the next time?

But you cant blame people for not smacking their kids for streets being like they are.

If anything, the violence this kid is showing is a direct result of the use of violence at home.

And the kid didnt get a smack, he got a full force punch to the face which left him on the ground the mans hand sore.

Can you not see how this form of violence is counter productive and the kid will probably stab someone the next time?

I am defiantly using you as an example for the yes side of the next Abortion Referendum

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The OP's punch was a direct instinctive response to a thug with a knife.
    Fight or flight i guess, well done to him.

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I am defiantly using you as an example for the yes side of the next Abortion Referendum

What a horrible thing to say, I hope youre proud of yourself.

What a horrible thing to say, I hope youre proud of yourself.

Yes

Yes i am

Yes you are is right.

No. You have no clue what the kids life at home is like. It's as likely to be the kid trying to outdo his mates than a response to violence at home. Lack of attention at home, sure, but I don't see any evidence of violence at home. These little feckers are out every night trying to out do each other with young girls egging them on. Result is lads getting stabbed and robbed at an alarming rate.

We're animals at the end of the day if we do something wrong a slap will set us right.

Oh and as for the sore hand. A kid throwing a stone at someone deserves a good slap, pulling a knife deserves a good punch to the nose. No two ways about it.

Sparks43 wrote: »

awful post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Back in 'my day' when kids got a smack for misbehaving (a smack, not a beating) they had much more respect for their peers. Nowadays a lot of kids don't seem to give a flyin' fvck as there are little or no consequences for them stepping out of line.

I'm 36 BTW, not 80. ;)

• Advertisement

If anything, the violence this kid is showing is a direct result of the use of violence at home?????????????????

It doesn't matter if the **** was kicked out of you at home or anything like that. Its the persons choice to perform these actions. Why does everyone think these people come from bad homes? Some do, Some don't. I know a guy and both his parents are teachers and is a little scumbag, been in and out of jail/juvi etc since he was 14. Its time to stop using the excuse that there abused at home etc.

You just know by the look of the people that they are scumbags. Its in there DNA to act like scumbags. Nothing can be done about it until they are locked up and learn there lesson

awful post

I actually feel quite upset after that.

Christ almighty are you really fishing for me to get a ban ?

Boards users should have thicker skin tbh

Nobody should be insulted like that. Its a vile thing to say.

• Advertisement

Grow a pair

yeah but no point getting upset by it. It's an Internet forum after all.

Also conveniently changing the point...

Oh OK, its an internet forum, so lets all see how badly we can insult someone.

Oh OK, its an internet forum, so lets all see how badly we can insult someone.

If you're going to feign insult to hide from the argument that's fine. Just be aware that it's pretty transparent.

I'm out.

You said yourself it was an awful post and now you are changing your tune as if to appear tough in front of the other guys.

Ive made my position here clear.

No violence.

Goodbye

I'm out of this thread!
    You said yourself it was an awful post and now you are changing your tune as if to appear tough in front of the other guys.

Ive made my position here clear.

No violence.

Goodbye

Goodbye Again:D

Oh you are all smiles now alright.

Feeling ashamed of you little post?

Grow up! What age are ya 12?

Reported for slagging my Penis

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Cut out the bitching please, use the report button rather than replying to sniping.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement