Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City (Away) - 11.11.12

Options
  • 09-11-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

So, we all feel a little more cheerful after last night's result. There's nothing like a good performance to get the spirits up.

Though on Sunday it's back to business.

City away is not easy, but recently they haven't looked as formidable as last season. I think we're playing this away leg at the right time. We have a little bit of confidence following last night's result, while the egos up in the Etihad are looking at yet another early exit from the Champions League.

I think it's imperative that we play 4-5-1 and approach Sunday's match like the one away to United. Get amongst them early and unsettle them in fron of their own crowd, but keep a tight defensive unit.

I would beg AVB to start Adebayor up front on his own, but it's highly unlikely following Defoe's hat-trick.

I've knicked the below image from Paddy Power's Facebook page. Take from it what you will.... but I think it confirms my earlier confidence.

18415_10151239391784914_1840759070_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I'd bite your hand off for a draw now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I think it will be something like 2-1 to city - we will probably play well but lose it late on to a tevez penalty or something

Team should be

Friedal ---walker --dawson -- verts---naughton ---lennon--bale--sandro--carroll---defoe--adebayour

Drop the donkey dempsey ! All in favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

We need Adebayor on the pitch and it will be hard to drop JD on last nights form. For me Adebayor can cover as much ground and put in as many tackles as Dempsey can so 4-4-1-1 is a good option. . I think alot will hinge on whether Sandro is available to patrol the midfield.

I hope AVB may have realised last night that adapting his system to suit the players is worthwhile when the players to suit the system are simply not available.. Tis a good time to play the 'delinquent mercenaries' (Dunphy)..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Dempsey and Sigurdsson have been passengers so far this season so that leaves two options as I see it.

1 - Play Defoe and Adebayor, with Ade dropping slightly deeper.

2 - Play 3 genuine CM players, say Huddlestone, Sandro, Livermore or Carroll (whoever is fit basically).

I'd go for option 1.

Edit: Just noticed the date in the thread title so:

I think as defending champions and league leaders we should go to City and look to lay down a marker. A repeat of last seasons 3-0 win would do just fine. Hopefully Willian is fit after getting clobbered scoring his third against Barca on Wednesday, and Adebayor will be under pressure for his place from a fit again Leandro. COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^^
    Great to see HR and VDV back at the lane. Lets put that whole AVB thing behind us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Whoops!

Can a mod amend my error? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Dempsey and Sigurdsson have been passengers so far this season so that leaves two options as I see it.

1 - Play Defoe and Adebayor, with Ade dropping slightly deeper.

2 - Play 3 genuine CM players, say Huddlestone, Sandro, Livermore or Carroll (whoever is fit basically).

I'd go for option 1.

I think as defending champions and league leaders we should go to City and look to lay down a marker. A repeat of last seasons 3-0 win would do just fine. Hopefully Willian is fit after getting clobbered scoring his third against Barca on Wednesday, and Adebayor will be under pressure for his place from a fit again Leandro. COYS.

Falcao still not back from that knock so?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I'm an eternal pessimist but we're gonna win this one Sunday. Our season collapsed after being robbed by the gods there last season. Payback time.

We are much better suited to playing away from home and City do not like playing teams at home who try and keep the ball.

3-1 with Bale getting at least 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

golfball37 wrote: »
    I'm an eternal pessimist but . . .

Your glass is so far past half full you've drowned yourself in a sea of optimisim :p

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Would prefer to see Vertoghen at left full until BAE is back, I think Naughton would struggle at city however would prefer to see Dawson and Caulker at center half but Gallas will more than likely start.

Cant see Carroll starting either even though I wouldn't mind seeing him get a game. Hope Sandro is fit, makes a big difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

mickman wrote: »
    I think it will be something like 2-1 to city - we will probably play well but lose it late on to a tevez penalty or something

Team should be

Friedal ---walker --dawson -- verts---naughton ---lennon--bale--sandro--carroll---defoe--adebayour

Drop the donkey dempsey ! All in favour?
    If we play well and lose 2-1 I won't be to disappointed tbh,a draw would be great imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

golfball37 wrote: »
    I'm an eternal pessimist but we're gonna win this one Sunday. Our season collapsed after being robbed by the gods there last season. Payback time.

We are much better suited to playing away from home and City do not like playing teams at home who try and keep the ball.
    e right
    3-1 to us !! good man,I hope you're right :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd take a draw now with the number of fellas missing.

Sandro is in contention, says he training hard since last weekend to be fit for the game. I think we'll struggle to contain Yaya Toure without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Friedel,
    Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen,
    Sandro, Huddlestone,
    Lennon, Bale, Dempsey
    Adebayor

subs:Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Livermore, Carroll, Sigurdsson and Defoe

Still no Lloris but hope he gets his chance soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Weird. I'm all for getting Ade on the pitch, but it seems harsh dropping Defoe after him scoring a hat-trick on Thursday night. More disappointed to see Dempsey there but Siggy isn't any better anyway. At least Sandro is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm delighted Sandro made it back for this game, we certainly need him.

Also really happy Ade is playing. He holds up the ball and actually brings other players into the game unlike Defoe, which we will really need today.

I think Ade & Demp will work well together.

Anway, looking forward to this one. COYS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

He's right to play Ade in this match, remember this is his debut against his old club. Looking forward to see if he brings out the best in Dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

This a game Dempsey really needs to step up the mark and Huddlestone as well for that matter

COYS

• Advertisement

Good that Nasri is out - he always does well against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

pancho84 wrote: »
    This a game Dempsey really needs to step up the mark and Huddlestone as well for that matter

I think Dempsey will come good.

Nervous much! COYS!

looks like we are going to be eaten alive :-)

mickman wrote: »
    looks like we are going to be eaten alive :-)

With Aguero, Silva, Tevez and Toure in their side we're probably foolish to expect anything less.... Vital we don't concede early!

Woohoo!! Get in Caulker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Powerful header. Tough to stop that!

Brilliant free kick by Thudd and a great header.

what a ball from huddlestone

so whats the deal, win all our away games and lose all our home ones ? :-)

• Advertisement

Get in Caulker you beauuuuuuuuty!

Advertisement