Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City (Away) - 11.11.12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well done Bale!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

ive just turned it off cant watch the ****e way they are playin

beaver111 wrote: »
    ive just turned it off cant watch the ****e way they are playin
    Way to go champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Oh - I thought Dawson would be coming on for a midfielder but it's for Caulker.

How is Dempsey still on the pitch?

• Advertisement

Good game by Ade, he really got stuck in. Interesting to see how much time on the ball Defoe gets though - can't see it being much.

Heart attack 10 minutes to go through.

Ah well, it's no more than they deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Shocking poor performance, sick of it

Man has no clue, Dempsey on all game is pathetic

Very negative, did nothing in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement

FFS Dempsey!! What do you do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we deserved nothing and got nothing. simple as that.

City should have had two penos and at least 2 more goals

Friedal should have done better with the winner though as should dawson

Jan vertongen got destroyed today and showed that he is not a full back ( dont think he likes it there anyway)

Ade was top class and so was sandro.

But guys huddlestone and dempsey are bloody awful - they really are. One good pass from hudd and he thinks thats all that he has to do . In the 62nd minute walker was taking a throw and hudd just ambled away from him with his back turned, he had no interest in getting the ball and taking some resposibility . He has no interest in being a top footballer and has zero commitment.

Modric made more tackles in 20 mins of a game then hudd does all through the 90 mins and hudd doesnt score or make incisive passes.

What can i say about dempsey except he is a nothing player, no class , no pace, no skill , offers nothing at all to the club

The slide down the table has begun , we will defo get a hammering next sat at the emirates and i cant see us getting anything at home against the pool either due to our terrible home form. That would put us 6-7 points off 4th place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

**** me dempsey is pathetic, playing him in a attacking midfield role he just had a chance in the 93rd minute if he beat one man he was clear through on goal but he passes without looking... He didn't create one chance one shot one attack. I honestly hope AVB has this written down on his notepad because it's just a shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

mickman wrote: »

The slide down the table has begun , we will defo get a hammering next sat at the emirates and i cant see us getting anything at home against the pool either due to our terrible home form. That would put us 6-7 points off 4th place

I don't see us getting hammered at arsenal... If anything I'm expecting a win!

The quality of football is so so bad, unwatchable almost. I really do not know where this team is going or what game they are trying to play, FFS we are Tottenham go out and attck them with two upfront. How many actual chances did we create????

Emoran wrote: »
    I don't see us getting hammered at arsenal... If anything I'm expecting a win!

Sorry man but dream on, they will cut us apart at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

City have an embarrassment of riches, bringing on Maicon, Dzeko and Garcia compared to Dawson, Defoe and Naughton!

I'm not sure why the manager didn't take Dempsey off but the only other option was Siggy who hasn't exactly lit it up this season...

Hard to take because our passing in the second half was abysmal, Lennon, Walker, Huddlestone, Dempsey very poor. I don't understand the highline when they have so many forwards that love to play off the shoulder and run into space. We had no attacking threat today, very poor.

Fingers crossed Dembeke is ready for next week!

I'm not sure why the manager didn't take Dempsey off but the only other option was Siggy who hasn't exactly lit it up this season...

Defoe was the option, plain and simple. He could have shown some balls and tried to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

When you think of the quality of the football we we were playing this time last year,compared to what we play now it's shocking how far back we're gone.

tippspur wrote: »
    When you think of the quality of the football we we were playing this time last year,compared to what we play now it's shocking how far back we're gone.

remember the game at city last season, what a game that was. The issue we have is the movement of the ball from defense to up front i.e. hudd and dempsey

Those two guys just are no where near good enough.

• Advertisement

Well done City, thoroughly deserved. Would of been murdered without Sandro in the middle of the park. Ade showed great fight with zilch service. Dempsey played like a crack whóre. I was in awe of ABV'S tactics. If we're still playing in the same vain come christmas, then I'd be deeply worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hurrrrrr my striker isnt getting any service because Im playing a 6 man backline and our midfield presence is non-existant. Surely putting my other striker on is the solution here!

We've gone from exciting attacking football that overshone the Goons to a horrible team to watch that loses anyway. I was all for giving AVB time but imo he's overachieving right now. This team is going nowhere this season with his attitude to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

tippspur wrote: »

In recent years, the team has played to its strengths - plenty of pace out wide, with gifted players looking for knock-downs. What about now? It seems like AVB has decided to adopt a gameplan based on possession, which I would be happy with if we had the players for the system. We certainly don't though. Without Dembélé, the midfield is unbelievably pedestrian. The likes of Huddlestone, Dempsey, Sigi and Livermore simply aren't good enough to dominate opposition midfielders or incisive enough to create chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Naughton shouldnt have been brought on,he played Dzecho onside and seems clueless,need dembele so bad,thought Friedel was slow off the line a few times.need at least a draw next weekend,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Knob heeeEeeeeeEEEEEAAAADDD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I've just seen the highlights and again it looks very disappointing, from the looks of it we took an early lead from a set piece, created nothing else of note and inevitably conceded late.

Ok, it's hard to say it's as poor as Wigan because it's comparing apples to oranges, how bad were we today?

I've just seen the highlights and again it looks very disappointing, from the looks of it we took an early lead from a set piece, created nothing else of note and inevitably conceded late.

Ok, it's hard to say it's as poor as Wigan because it's comparing apples to oranges, how bad were we today?

we were worse against wigan than we were against city

Last season we were also playing city on the break, they are a better team than us and thats the only way we could beat them.

So the tactics were fine yesterday, not avb's fault.

It was a simple lack of quality players in midfield that did us yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    It was a simple lack of quality players in midfield that did us yesterday

Yep, need a shake up in January, Levy needs to back his man or it could get embarrassing....

Dembele needed back asap, Huddlestone will be eaten alive by the gooners speed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The quality of football is so so bad, unwatchable almost. I really do not know where this team is going or what game they are trying to play, FFS we are Tottenham go out and attck them with two upfront. How many actual chances did we create????

Bill Nick will be turning in his grave

Advertisement