Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back up cameras on eBay

• 09-11-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18

Does anyone have this model camera & LCD monitor?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160831965980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm looking for reviews on the LCD monitor. Specifically the viewing angle of the monitor (not the camera lens). I want to mount this monitor in the centre console of our camper, but I'd like to fit it flush using the mounting bezel provided so I wont be able to point it towards the driver or passenger. I'd need to know the screen wil be visible when looking at it from the driver & passenger seat, around 45 degrees from dead center...

I've asked the seller for info but didn't get the info I needed.

thanks

7LCDandcameras.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 gerryt50

I have the same monitor mounted on top of dash on merc sprinter. It can be viewed ok when mounted straight ahead but better when turned approx 30deg towards driver. Also when mounted high it is in line with the outside mirrors, ideal when reversing. I would think if it was mounted lower and further away from the windscreen the viewing angle would be reduced

DSCF2871.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cheap TFT will be TN panel so the contrast and colour shift will be poor at 45 degrees. At that angle in a cab I'd say the glare will be a bigger problem you' probably want a hood. Definitely easier to stick in on the dash or sucker of on the windscreen.

Advertisement