Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Captain

• 09-11-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Tough one this week.

Gameweek 11 Captain 47 votes

Robin van Persie
    0%
    Other
    100%
    PWEIbohsmanrorycNecronomiconRikandtom_kdawell20dahatAmiraniMuddyDogInvinciblekwestfan08Mr. Guappawho_rujkelly85Jax Tellerbeaver111manual_mandaregodavemckenna25 47 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Other
    No point discussing this....rolll on GW 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I guess I have no choice but to pick him as captain then. Even though, like 66% of FF players, I don't actually have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Other
    Fizman wrote: »
    I guess I have no choice but to pick him as captain then. Even though, like 66% of FF players, I don't actually have him.

The poll is half in jest, although the figure you quote above is realistically incorrect. I'd guess that about 30% of managers are now absent, which skews the figures.

I'd estimate over 50% of current managers worth their salt have RVP, and practically all of those will captain him this week. So a 50/50 split of RVP and 'other' is about right :p

Realistically, for those without RVP who are the candidates for captaincy? Cazorla, Fellaini and possibly Michu are the only ones I can think of, and none would really fill me with hope. A worry week though for anyone not holding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I just wonder is there a chance that RVP will be rested.

I do have him and instinct is he'll get at least a goal, but wouldn't be surprised if it was Chicarito and Rooney or Welbeck up front to start.

Other
    RVP was rested midweek, although he did end up coming on (and scoring). United have topped their CL Group now so Fergie will rest all his big players for the remaining 2 games.

He'll want to create a gap at the top of the PL now, especially seeing as Chelseas good form seems to have faltered and both them and City have tough games. United will be looking to hammer Villa this week.

Spoke to some of the traders in work and they are basing their odds around RVP starting, so this is enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Other
    No chance of him being rested IMO, not after being rested midweek. Nothing will be taken for granted in an away fixture like this, and having just reached the top there won't be any needless risks made.

If I didn't have RVP I'd be looking at Santi Carzola (Fulham, home) or Ba (WHU, home) if he wasn't carrying a slight knock. I have a horrible feeling Tevez might be rotated against Spurs, feels like he's due.

roryc wrote: »
    The poll is half in jest, although the figure you quote above is realistically incorrect. I'd guess that about 30% of managers are now absent, which skews the figures.

I'd estimate over 50% of current managers worth their salt have RVP, and practically all of those will captain him this week. So a 50/50 split of RVP and 'other' is about right :p

Realistically, for those without RVP who are the candidates for captaincy? Cazorla, Fellaini and possibly Michu are the only ones I can think of, and none would really fill me with hope. A worry week though for anyone not holding him.

I see where you're coming from with the whole skewed figures thing....but if you're going by that, then there is every chance that of those 30% no longer playing, as much as half of those guys could have had RVP from the start, so the stats wouldn't exactly be too far out.

5 out of the global top 10 don't have him. I think it's silly saying he is a requirement for those hoping to achieve anything. 2 years ago Malouda was on absolute fire for a while, as wellas Drogba. I never had Mal in my squad once, and only had Drogba for the last few months, but I still managed to finish inside the top 3,500 globally.

The way I look at him, I'd rather spend the excess cash throughout my squad. He may or may not end up as the highest points scorer in FF this season, but he certainly will not end up on top of what I'd call the 'bang for buck' list. (Divide his total points by his value and you find out how many points you get per 1.0m).

It's what makes FF more interesting though, I'll admit. It would be fairly shocking if absolutely EVERYBODY had him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Got rid of RVP when I played the wildcard and haven't regretted it yet so I'm going 'other'.

It's on Ba ATM but Tevez is an option. Suarez does tend to perform in the big games too.

Have Cazorla but he's not been contributing as much in recent weeks and the goal last week was an abberation so I'm having a major internal debate to swapping him for Walcott. Theo has fought his way up the pecking order and is virtually a guaranteed starter for weeks to come. He's scoring at will too. Don't think I'd risk an Arsenal captain with their current form though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Other
    roryc wrote: »

If I had Tevez I'd seriously consider him. Spurs have been poor defensively, and they put out a more a less full strength side last night, so I think they could suffer against City. Michu is the other obvious candidate, wouldn't be so confident with either Cazorla or Fellaini. Anyway I've gone with the £13.6 man

manual_man wrote: »
    If I had Tevez I'd seriously consider him. Spurs have been poor defensively, and they put out a more a less full strength side last night, so I think they could suffer against City. Michu is the other obvious candidate, wouldn't be so confident with either Cazorla or Fellaini. Anyway I've gone with the £13.6 man

I have Tevez but my worry is he may be given a rest. I agree re Spurs defense though, in William Gallas, they have one of the worst defenders in the league right now. He is the cause of about 70% of the goals conceded that I have seen so far. Quite how AVB persists with him I'm not sure. He is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Other

I have Tevez but my worry is he may be given a rest. I agree re Spurs defense though, in William Gallas, they have one of the worst defenders in the league right now. He is the cause of about 70% of the goals conceded that I have seen so far. Quite how AVB persists with him I'm not sure. He is shocking.

I'd be 90%+ sure Tevez will start this weekend. He was taken off after 66mins against Ajax and there's no midweek game after this weekend. All the same Mancini is utterly unpredictable, so i get where you're coming from. As a non-Tevez owner though i am worried, i won't lie about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd be 90%+ sure Tevez will start this weekend. He was taken off after 66mins against Ajax and there's no midweek game after this weekend. All the same Mancini is utterly unpredictable, so i get where you're coming from. As a non-Tevez owner though i am worried, i won't lie about that.

I don't think the decision to take Tevez off had anything to do with resting him for the weekend, not with the position City were in. He just wanted to change things.

It's hard to say what Mancini will do, but I'd be only 50% sure that he'll play Tevez considering he started the last two games. Aguero + Balotelli/Dzeko is a real possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Every weekend Tevez being rested comes up.

It's happened once lads. Once. I said it last weekend too.

I'm ignoring all talk of City strikers being rested because I was bitten in the ass previously by dropping Tevez because I kept expecting him to be rested.

The fact of the matter is that Tevez and Aguero are Mancini's best two strikers, they're now out of the champions league and behind in the PL. If he wants to win matches, he should play both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That 50% rate of RVP owners in the top 10 stays roughly the same when you look at the top 35/50.

Definitely captaining him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

rock whore wrote: »
    Got rid of RVP when I played the wildcard and haven't regretted it yet so I'm going 'other'.

It's on Ba ATM but Tevez is an option. Suarez does tend to perform in the big games too.

Have Cazorla but he's not been contributing as much in recent weeks and the goal last week was an abberation so I'm having a major internal debate to swapping him for Walcott. Theo has fought his way up the pecking order and is virtually a guaranteed starter for weeks to come. He's scoring at will too. Don't think I'd risk an Arsenal captain with their current form though.

http://www.cleanlanguage.co.uk/articles/articles/27/1/Self-Deception-Delusion-and-Denial/Page1.html

Other
    5 out of the global top 10 don't have him. I think it's silly saying he is a requirement for those hoping to achieve anything. 2 years ago Malouda was on absolute fire for a while, as wellas Drogba. I never had Mal in my squad once, and only had Drogba for the last few months, but I still managed to finish inside the top 3,500 globally.

As did I.

I'm not saying he's a requirement at all but I can't see any reasoning in not captaining him for the managers that do have him.

Basically if you have RVP, captain him. Your decision is very easy. If you don't have him, you have both a tough decision of who to captain ON TOP of the knowledge that if RVP scores well, not only will you not get his points doubled, you won't get ANY of his points.

The main difference between the two groups this week is if Michu, Cazorla, Tevez etc bangs in a hat-trick this week the chances are that most managers who captained RVP will also have this player so the blow won't be as harsh as they will still get good points. If RVP goes mental they will get nothing.

I would be very worried if I didn't have RVP going into a week where 50% of managers have captained him. Very worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Baines could be a sneaky pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Other
    Baines could be a sneaky pick

That's cheeky. Wouldn't do that if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's at a stage now where I feel if I don't go with RVP I am taking a big gamble. I remember I took it off him for the Chelsea game and went with Cazorla at home to Q.P.R. and it backfired on me.

I was thinking of putting the captaincy on Cazorla this weekend at home to Fulham but my memory of the above has me windy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Other
    Im going with Van Persie as captain and Tevez as vice-captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't have RVP so it's between Tevez, Cazorla and Mata at the minute. Really tempted to take a chance on Mata. He's scored well in all the big games so far.

Ba captain, Tevez vc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Other
    RVP captain, Ba vc

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

brought in walcott and gave him the armband. just waiting on the brace and an assist now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Other
    RVP (c) Baines (vc)

Advertisement