Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unlock query

• 09-11-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

if an unlock request is put through one of the third party companies offering this service (i.e not directly though your carrier), would you receive a text from your carrier when its been processed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

An Apple unlock? You usually get an e-mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

yes, an apple unlock. but would you get the email/text from your carrier to say it had been actioned if you had requested the unlock from someone like these?

Well, I've just got my 5 unlocked from a guy in town who has nothing to do with Vodafone (though he uses the same process) and I received an e-mail from apple saying the unlock has been put through. So as far as I know you get an e-mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Duff wrote: »
    Well, I've just got my 5 unlocked from a guy in town who has nothing to do with Vodafone (though he uses the same process) and I received an e-mail from apple saying the unlock has been put through. So as far as I know you get an e-mail?

I got my 4s unlocked from apple didn't get a email just a text off Three

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I got my 4s unlocked from apple didn't get a email just a text off Three

Strange. I got a 4S unlocked by Apple through Vodafone in April and got an e-mail then too.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

ok, so seems then that even if you go direct to apple or through an unlock shop/site that your provider can still text/email you to say its done. i guess they must get auto notification from apple themselves?

Advertisement