Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options
  • 09-11-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Amazing! I literally just wet myself (a small bit). Roger Waters is coming to The Aviva Stadium in Dublin on Wednesday September 18th. Bringing The Wall back to Ireland. Epic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lac007

Cant wait,I was in the O2 last year and it was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Ticket price is a bit harsh though. Should be worth the money nonetheless. Put aside €10 a month and buy a ticket in May, that will take the sting out of it. Surely it won't sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Listed on Ticketmaster with The Darkness and Lady Starlight as support.
    It's clearly an error, retained from the Lady Gaga show listing.
    Looks absurd though. :rolleyes:
    The O2 show was probably the best thing I've ever seen. For those who balk at the price, every cent is writ large on the stage. For sheer spectacle, The Wall performance is hard to beat.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I'm the first one usually to complain about the price of tickets, but I think €69 is a fair price for a show of this magnitude

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Anyone know if it will be standing or seated. My guess is the €109 tickets would suggest there will be seats and that will be the first block of seating.

• Advertisement

Given the size of the stadium, I think it may be fully seated. I know he sold out two shows in the O2, but it's still a bit of a leap to go from 26,000 over two nights in the O2, to 70-80,000 (if the Aviva is pitch standing). Not that I'm doubting Waters' popularity, but I'd rather see it in a full, fully seated stadium, than an undersold, pitch standing one.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Given the size of the stadium, I think it may be fully seated. I know he sold out two shows in the O2, but it's still a bit of a leap to go from 26,000 over two nights in the O2, to 70-80,000 (if the Aviva is pitch standing). Not that I'm doubting Waters' popularity, but I'd rather see it in a full, fully seated stadium, than an undersold, pitch standing one.

Isnt the Aviva only about 40,000-50,000

I thought a standing crowd was more, but I'm not sure.
    Either way, it's still a leap in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I thought a standing crowd was more, but I'm not sure.
    Either way, it's still a leap in numbers.

Michael Buble (2 nights) = 95,895 (pitch seated) = Official Sell Out
    Neil Diamond = 50,108 (pitch seated) = Official Sell Out
    The Script = 47,910 (pitch standing) = Not Sold Out
    Madonna = 33,953 (pitch standing) = Not Sold Out
    Lady Gaga = 37,005 (pitch standing) = Not Sold Out

No gig with pitch standing has sold out so hard to know. The Script was fairly close to selling out so I reckon 52,000 depending on what seats are blocked off and size of production etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭roadmaster

i did the aviva tour a while back and the guide said for concerts with pitch standing the capacity is 65000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Michael Buble (2 nights) = 95,895 (pitch seated) = Official Sell Out
    Neil Diamond = 50,108 (pitch seated) = Official Sell Out
    The Script = 47,910 (pitch standing) = Not Sold Out
    Madonna = 33,953 (pitch standing) = Not Sold Out
    Lady Gaga = 37,005 (pitch standing) = Not Sold Out

No gig with pitch standing has sold out so hard to know. The Script was fairly close to selling out so I reckon 52,000 depending on what seats are blocked off and size of production etc etc.

Where did you get those figures?

Doesn't matter about the jump in capacity really, MCD aren't expecting it to sell out or anything and the tickets are steep enough.

I'm just worried about all the complaints I've heard about crap sound at the Aviva :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Was the o2 gig good? I might go to this one. I had seen the band back in the 80's. The tour with the big inflatable pig that flew over the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

For once in my life I'm a bit organised. Just booked hotel for the gig. Usually leave these things till last minute at which stage there are either no rooms left or some rooms are available at extortionate prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

YES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 doc19827

Does anyone know if the gig is setaing and standing? or an all seater affair

Have heard different things

I got my tickets direct from the Roger waters site in a pre sale yesterday

They are gold circle in front of stage tickets

have never been to the aviva for a concert before

Are these good tickets??

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

There's standing tickets.

doc19827 wrote: »
    They are gold circle in front of stage tickets. I have never been to the aviva for a concert before. Are these good tickets??

Yes. If you want to stand, the gold circle is the place to be, if you're willing to pay the extra, since they're bound to be more expensive than the general admission pitch standing tickets. The map on Ticketmaster implies the gold circle area is tiny, but that's obviously not to scale.
    Having said that, the sheer scale of this production means that anywhere on the pitch is going to afford you a good vantage point, and - unlike conventional rock concerts - there are in fact advantages to being back a bit from the stage for The Wall, in that you can take in the entire spectacle from a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why is there two Roger Water threads it is still the Wall Live, just saying.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One thread for each disc on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Just got a few gold standing tickets. 90euro each give or take with charges included.

If it is anything like the O2. It will be an epic night you will never forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

After the o2, I don't mind handing over €95. Amazing concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

Does anyone think this will sell out??

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Does anyone think this will sell out??
    Don't think so. Although, the good seats will go quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Have to say I'm apprehensive about this ... don't get me wrong - it's an amazing show (any Waters gig I've been to has been ...) - probably one of the most affecting and visually stunning shows Ive ever seen - however - outdoors in Lansdowne, with the sound at the mercy of the wind and in all probability - lashing rain - I can see myself giving this a miss. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

RayCon wrote: »
    Have to say I'm apprehensive about this ... don't get me wrong - it's an amazing show (any Waters gig I've been to has been ...) - probably one of the most affecting and visually stunning shows Ive ever seen - however - outdoors in Lansdowne, with the sound at the mercy of the wind and in all probability - lashing rain - I can see myself giving this a miss. :(

Bring a coat and drink heavily to keep out those late summer chills.:D

brokenarms wrote: »
    Bring a coat and drink heavily to keep out those late summer chills.:D
    If you were to worry about the rain you'd never do anything in this country! I'm on the premium level, don't have to worry about rain there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

brokenarms wrote: »
    drink heavily

Alas , that was plan adopted by half the muppets that surrounded me in the O2 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Just got two seated tickets.

Hard enough to get 'em already...... Needed seats because the second is for a 50-year-old who creaks a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think Im gonna bring my dad to this, Ive always said I would bring him to one, this is the perfect one. He may even know a song or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I was in a rush on Friday when buying tickets. Thought they were expensive at €96 each. I double checked last night and realised I'd bought gold standing section instead of just the normal pitch standing.

Does that mean they're the circle right at the front? Anyone any experience of being in a similar section? Is there a problem with getting in and out for drinks before RW comes on?

Advertisement