Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

first timer. thought it was great. sound was fantastic for a dodgy sound venue. visually up there with the best. who burst the pig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Great gig better then the point without a doubt.
    In fairness sound in the Aviva was the only made bad by the buble concert they had no where near enough stacks at that gig.
    The sound the projection everything was spot on, loved it blown away by the scale of it and the difference it made.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have never been so happy after a gig, holy crap that was amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

emo72 wrote: »
    first timer. thought it was great. sound was fantastic for a dodgy sound venue. visually up there with the best. who burst the pig?

Facist / capitalist Pig was deflated on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

The start was superb and every thing else was just brilliant.

The pitch was the way to go if all you had as an alternative were restricted view seats- can see how some seats had a limited view- glad I didn't get those - the sound was awesome. Thank you thank you thank you all who put this show together:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Third time seeing this show, saw it in dublin and Berlin before - I can comfortably say this was by far the best. Excellent sound, superb visuals and I was delighted with my seats.

I could easily watch that same show every night for the rest of my life and not get bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Brilliant gig. Visually the best I've ever been too. Great seats just in front of the stage and very impressed by the sound for an outdoor gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

f**k me. Blew the 02 gig away.

the sound desk man deserves some kind of award for ringing that sound out of the aviva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I agree... The sound was exceptional.

Dumb as it seems now... At the time I turned my head certain it was a plane/ helicoptor zooming over.

(as it turns out there was 1 plane in use at the start.)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lapsed

Facist / capitalist Pig was deflated on purpose.

Because he's taken flack for the Star of David ?? Had to go through the " some of my best friends....." routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

That was absolutely stunning. Comfortably Numb. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

really enjoyed it :)
    the start was awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    really enjoyed it :)
    the start was awesome

The entire gig was epic.
    Only decided to buy my ticket at 2pm today. Was so glad I did. Chap I brought along, who knows only a handful of there songs was blown away.

Sad to say I don't think ill ever be at a gig where ill be blown away so much again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

That was a thing that shall never be again. Except in Paris maybe.

I bought my tickets ten bloody months ago. Wasn't cheap, but it was obvious why not. I didn't expect it all to be that BIG.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Best Gig I was ever at./

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

That was unbelievable.. Best event I've ever been to..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

That gig was an absolute triumph.
    Well attended by an appreciative crowd and a spectacle of a show that will never be surpassed, incredible sound and imagery.
    Let's hope for a 5.1 blu-ray release someday!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Amazing gig!! The visuals and sound were just stunning...absolutely stunning....

The best gig I have been to in quite a while. In terms of production values and special effects it blows everything out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

What a show. Never heard sound that good in a stadium before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Didn't know about the protest in town and got stuck in traffic for ages and missed the first 15 minutes. Raging.
    Excellent stuff as usual. If you were at the O2 gig, it was pretty much the same, except on a bigger scale and with better sound. Glad i went.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

perfection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

This show needs to be available on Blu Ray. Simply stunning show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

My husband and 13 and 11 year old went to this (having had seats moved to preimum from upper west block and seats were apparently brilliant) and all 3 just raving about it.. the 11 year old looks stunned but well happy :D sounds like an amazing concert, how do you top that for an 11 year old! (he's a big Pink Floyd fan) ..great to read all the really positive feedback on it.

The young lad is coming to Fleetwood Mac with me tomorrow! (upside for him of no babysitters)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Great gig!
    Unfortunately the random seat move from upper to lower level put me stuck behind a loud obnoxious d-bag in section 109 who couldn't sing but did so anyway, I didn't come for your awful version of Comfortably Numb, STFU!

Otherwise amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

samo wrote: »
    My husband and 13 and 11 year old went to this (having had seats moved to preimum from upper west block and seats were apparently brilliant) and all 3 just raving about it.. the 11 year old looks stunned but well happy :D sounds like an amazing concert, how do you top that for an 11 year old! (he's a big Pink Floyd fan) ..great to read all the really positive feedback on it.

The young lad is coming to Fleetwood Mac with me tomorrow! (upside for him of no babysitters)

wow, that young fella is getting a great foundation in music, it should set him up for life. If he ever likes manufactured bands then you really can't blame yourself, you've done all the right things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

samo wrote: »

Fair play, and if last night was their first live concert, it's one they'll always remember!

The show was amazing and sounded great.

I do hope we'll see Roger Waters again in another tour sometime, if he decides not to continue with touring The Wall. (The radio ads said it'd be our last chance to hear The Wall live.)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

Still coming down this morning.. what a gig, sound amazing Roger on top form.. and the 10 minute version of Comfortably Numb... 10/10 lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

furiousox wrote: »
    That gig was an absolute triumph.
    Well attended by an appreciative crowd and a spectacle of a show that will never be surpassed, incredible sound and imagery.
    Let's hope for a 5.1 blu-ray release someday!

It's the only gig I'd ever sit down and watch on dvd...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Sir_Badshot

Everyone has said every thing that there is to be said. When Im 70 I wanna be rocking like that.

Immense and moving, nearly crying once or twice. The greatest show on Earth.

Advertisement