Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

I went under duress. Never really into Pink Floyd. Got Tickets as Gift for boyf bday. So glad now I didn't pack him off with some one else! Sweet Jesus I was blown away.....actually had my gob open for most if it was just spectacular.... A feast for the eyes and ears. Really wish could see it again!! All shows should b like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sigma5

Best concert I was ever at! I remarked to my wife during, that if I died in the morning, I would die a happy man.

As per others, marvellous sound, spectacular, beautiful and exquisite visuals and surprisingly good singing. We were in lower east stand with a 45 degree view, felt it was perfect but maybe standing about half way back in middle may have been the best location.

Did anyone see anything in the papers about it?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭UpTheLilies

danniemcq wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/xPWLv

album from back a bit so blurry but you get the scale
    Danny answer my messages will ya ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

mcballer wrote: »
    I went under duress. Never really into Pink Floyd. Got Tickets as Gift for boyf bday. So glad now I didn't pack him off with some one else! Sweet Jesus I was blown away.....actually had my gob open for most if it was just spectacular.... A feast for the eyes and ears. Really wish could see it again!! All shows should b like this....

Same as the girl and bloke in front of us.. She didn't want to leave until the lights came on.. We all hoped it was like the cinema... Something will always happen at the end unless the lights come on.. Ha

furiousox wrote: »

Looks likes the pig is being eaten by the crowd... Ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭angwd

Simply stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Same as the girl and bloke in front of us.. She didn't want to leave until the lights came on.. We all hoped it was like the cinema... Something will always happen at the end unless the lights come on.. Ha

Haa me......or the mirror image of my night :-)

mcballer wrote: »
    Haa me......or the mirror image of my night :-)

Hahah.. Was that you? Battery died in your iPhone? My mate had a green jacket on and we kept telling your boyfriend to look for that when coming back..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Got caught out by the surround sound - I'd seen it up there early enough.

Also:
    vlK3j5N.jpg

My cameraphone is bit ****e in the dark, but they did sy to disable flash at the start of the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kell1

Lifelong fan of R.W and Pink Floyd and yes,the show really was epic! Along with the O2,was at one of the original Earls Court shows in 1980 after mitchin off from school with a few friends....there was killings when we eventually arrived home!Anyway,I have to laugh at some of the so called capitalist symbolism projected onto the wall during the show I.e Mercedes,Shell etc.For a man with an estimated nett worth of £300 million prior to this current tour (fair play to him) he's done quite well by "The System".There's nothing as boring as rich,messed up rock stars preaching politics.Love the music but I think R.W lives in a bubble and has his head up his rear end,the fans live in the real world etc.I'ts a pity but tonight's show in Paris will almost certainly be his last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

rednik wrote: »

37ED2A6BE7924605B1C115F01932FD05-0000362898-0003371683-00800L-AA9568C3519B497EAA9A355CD58B2F4F.jpg

who are these people ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

fryup wrote: »
    who are these people ??
    Casualties of war

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ah here, aussie floyd show is a joke compared to the O2 gig. I saw aussie floyd within about a month of the O2 gig and after that decided I'll never bother my hole with a tribute band again.

In that case I think you seen them at the Olympia? I was there too and indeed was disappointed - the venue was far too small, they normally play the O2 and are amazing, although half of them have now left to join Brit Floyd, who are just as good. Check em out at the O2 in November.

Just like Waters, the big tribute bands suit big venues better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Last 10 minutes of the show recorded from seats in the Golden Circle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

7minutes 31 seconds tbh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Did any of you notice the mistakes he was making on the bass. He fairly messed up the first version of the wall and started cursing to himself.

brokenarms wrote: »
    Did any of you notice the mistakes he was making on the bass. He fairly messed up the first version of the wall and started cursing to himself.

I did notice something, but I didn't give a **** in the grand scheme of things. Live performance isn't always note perfect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Anybody notice the lack of ringing ears after the gig? Normally i get this as i've got sensitive ears but noting after this and it was really loud at some points :):confused:

joeperry wrote: »
    Anybody notice the lack of ringing ears after the gig? Normally i get this as i've got sensitive ears but noting after this and it was really loud at some points :):confused:

The sound was top quality throughout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

joeperry wrote: »

(a) you're gett'in olde

(b) see "a"

(c) if you can't see "b" then seek medical advice:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

did he play anything from dark side of the moon or was it just the wall ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

fryup wrote: »
    did he play anything from dark side of the moon or was it just the wall ?

Not exactly, but Echoes also featured;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

On our bus home everyone was raving about the show....apart from one tool who was complaing because he did "nothing from DSOTM, nothing from WYWH"
    He was quickly drowned out with a torrent of abuse and derision.

CPL 593H

On our bus home everyone was raving about the show....apart from one tool who was complaing because he did "nothing from DSOTM, nothing from WYWH"

Haha.. Clearly that fool didn't realise he was buying a ticket to see The Wall..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

When Roger Waters played DSOTM in the point he did loads of songs from other albums before and after. Obviously the wall is a longer album but I wouldn't have been surprised to hear some other songs.

budgemook wrote: »
    When Roger Waters played DSOTM in the point he did loads of songs from other albums before and after. Obviously the wall is a longer album but I wouldn't have been surprised to hear some other songs.

Yeah but you couldn't go to The Wall expecting to hear other stuff.. Well I wouldn't..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

He'd remind me of the people who attended Cat Stevens in the O2 in November 2009 who started complaining during the show and afterwards when it included the preview of the musical Moonshadow!:)

It was clearly stated on the posters for the Cat Stevens show that the concert was going to include the preview from the musical!

(I swear this is true!)

Someone said to me that Neil Young was $hite at the RDS recently (he was in fairness) but this person complained that "he didn't even play horse with no name." :D

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

What happened to the pig? Was the deflating intentional?

The section we were in felt that he had been on the whole over 3 year long tour and that it had malfunctioned and is now in pieces in sitting rooms across Ireland.

Can anyone confirm what happened to the pig?

Oh - and amazing show - but its all been said in so many better ways. This was my 5th time seeing Roger and every single time he tops his last show. :D

Advertisement