Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

This is now Gold Circle Seated. There's a map up on Ticketmaster. They've got two Blocks assigned, 1 and 2 (1 is nearest the stage), each with 135 seats across. I had heard it was going to be done as "unreserved seating", i.e., that if you had bought a Gold Circle ticket, it'd be first come, first served. However, I tried for tickets on Ticketmaster just now, as an experiment, and was offered two seats in the front row, designated numbers. It'll be interesting to see how this works out now. Will people who bought seats in the stands be disgruntled? I know I would be.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

The size of the gold area is much larger too

14063s_a.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I haven't a clue where my tickets are for now. How can they change this afterr the initial sale?

I bought standing tickets (At least I think I did).

On my confirmation email it says Seat location: section GOLD.

In ticketmaster order details it now says Section GOLD RowG2 Seatsx - xx

However I see no Row or section G2 only B1 and B2.

So in summary don't know if I have standing or seated tickets or where they are located.

Cost of the tickets was 191 for 2 so I'm presuming they are gold circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Adrian - the tickets you have are numbered, but the numbers themselves have no meaning. It's just a numbering system for the ticket, but it doesn't correspond to a physical seat.

There's still no word on how they're going to manage this. The only other time this usually happens is if an artist fails to sell out a Vicar Street standing show and they put the tables in on the night to make the place look full, and it's first come, first served on the best tables, but that's a much smaller audience. Changing the entire configuration of a stadium show a few weeks after it went on sale is - to my mind - unprecedented.
    I hate to say it, but it's got to be to do with poor sales. I always felt the Aviva was an ambitious venue for a standing show, and it seems I was (unfortunately) right.

As for those tickets already sold, what they MIGHT be doing is allocating those people who already have Gold Circle Standing tickets to the central blocks (i.e., best seats in the house), on the basis that they bought them first, and are therefore entitled to the best seats. Having made this decision to seat half the pitch, they may now be selling the rest of the area as allocated seats. The seats I was offered were in the 20s, in Row A of Block 1, so front row (great), but at an acute angle (not so great).

They really need to clarify what's going to happen as soon as possible.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I have gold standing.....i'm going to give ticketmaster a ring tomorrow to find out what's going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

It is an early admission that ticket sales arent doing too well, its funny that there are still regular standing tickets still on sale behind the new premium seating. Presumably the best way to experience this show woulf be high up?
    Prices are too high and he has already brought the wall here a few times already. I would have been interested if ticket prices were reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I think it's too soon to say if ticket sales are too poor yet and do something like this, gig isn't for nearly a year away and it's right before Xmas. I'd say there will be a lot more tickets sold for this a bit closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ive never seen that before. Changing from gold standing to gold seating?!

Will the people that bought gold standing seats be allocated seats on arrival? I have a seat in the premium seating area on the west stand but Id be seriously ticked off to have bought a ticket for what I believed to be a prime viewing position on the pitch, to then be told Im in row A, therefore way too close to the stage to appreciate the visuals.

As Neil Young once sang, "You pay for this, but they give you that".

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

I also bought Gold Circle standing tickets, purely because they were standing tickets. I wouldnt have bought these had I know a few weeks down the line they would be changed to seating tickets. Can anybody tell me if I am now entitled to a refund? As I dont particularly want to be sitting in the front row of this gig!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I got the following response to an email :

"Thank you for your email.

We are in the process of contacting customers by email at the moment as well as issuing the tickets with a letter explaining the change.

Seating charts reflect the general layout for the venue at this time. For some events, the layout and specific seat locations may vary without notice.

Your tickets will be seated in block 1.

Kind Regards,

"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't particularly want to sit for this gig, I assume they'll have no choice but to issue a refund if we're not happy with this?

@MagicMarker hopefully

@Adrian522 that sucks

I'd imagine they'll hide behind their terms and conditions or may offer standing tickets instead but a full refund is unlikely.

Yes more than likely this will be the case...bit unfair though. I feel a bit duped thats all
    adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'll hide behind their terms and conditions or may offer standing tickets instead but a full refund is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Block 1 row Q . Whats that?

They have a picture on ticketmaster.ie

232300.png

TBH, I'm not happy about this at all, if I wanted seats I would have paid 20 quid less for one in the stands (which are still available btw!). WTF would I want to be stuck in a block of seats? I'm in Block 1 row N ffs.

I'd be happy if they just swapped my ticked for just a normal standing ticket, from that diagram it looks like half the pitch is still standing. I just checked there and pitch standing is still available, there's no excuse really for them to refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I dunno. Might be nice to have a seat. I did some of the light work for the Micheal Buble concerts in there and I remember they took the blue seats from The Point and bolted them to the floor in the Landsdowne Road stadium. They where spaced well and flipped up . Everyone was standing soon into the concert. It worked well. The cheaper seats to the rear where fold up camping chairs, cable tied together. Same thing really with no cushion.

I think it will be fine. I personally would like the choice of where to be, but with row Q and seats in the 70s in block one I think I will be central and a little back from the front. Perfect really.

I would like to think i got good deal after buying at 8am on the button and paying 280 euro for 3 tickets. I hope I did not get screwed.

To be honest the top tiers are the worst place to be in a concert in there. Everything else is good.

Well, the simple fact for me is had I known they were seated I would not have bought them. I would have saved myself €40 for 2 tickets and gone for pitch standing. On the one hand, I like to be able to move about, on the other I'm 6'4 and half as wide so seating is generally not ideal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Those who bought gold standing before it was changed to seating can log into their ticketmaster a\c and check their order history to find out their seats. I've block 1, row H and the seats seem right in the middle of the row. Not too bad I suppose

Just got a response from TM, they're going to change my tickets to pitch standing. Happy days! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just got a response from TM, they're going to change my tickets to pitch standing. Happy days! :)

And refund you the price difference.

Mushy wrote: »
    And refund you the price difference.

Yep, €40 coming back my way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good stuff for ya! Might get good seats for this, gonna bring the dad along so standing may not suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Much prefer to be sitting at this gig. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Just got the email about this. Initially I was raging as would prefere to be standing, but seats seem too good to turn down. Look to be in middle, 4 rows from front of stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I was pretty pissed off for a while last night too, but maybe the seats will work out ok, I'm 7 rows back towards the right hand side, I don't see the point in moving to the stands for a seat, and standing is now way back.......so I'll stay with what I have.....no reasons for the change exceptit's been changed...... ah well......

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

I got a reply from rogerwaters.com - with seat location of 'Pitch - General Admission - row GA seat XX ?

Anyone know if this is front or back row? I paid only €71 for sanding and I get a seat - that look like they are in the golden circle ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

So any thoughts on the best type of ticket to go for- or ones to avoid? Presume Christmas presents may see a rush on ticket sales?

mickg007 wrote: »
    I got a reply from rogerwaters.com - with seat location of 'Pitch - General Admission - row GA seat XX ?

Anyone know if this is front or back row? I paid only €71 for sanding and I get a seat - that look like they are in the golden circle ??
    You haven't got a seated ticket. They assign seats even to pitch standing tickets, probably for admin reasons, your allocated seats don't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Got block 1 Row A seats in the middle of the front row. I reckon this will be to close to the stage. I had good seats in the point and this is a visual treat and really you want to be back a bit to really enjoy the visuals. Also what time this show starts will also have a say on the lighting.

Advertisement