Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Having seen this show twice I can say there's nothing spectacular about the lighting.
    The HD projections, inflatables, pyrotechnics and quadraphonic sound is an entirely different matter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

poundhound wrote: »
    Having seen this show twice I can say there's nothing spectacular about the lighting.
    The HD projections, inflatables, pyrotechnics and quadraphonic sound is an entirely different matter :)

It's also Mr. Roger Waters. -;

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

poundhound wrote: »

whats the show like? thinking of getting a couple of tickets for a few buddys, is the craic good?

I heard an add on the radio for this show yesterday so obviously there are still tickets for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

emo72 wrote: »
    whats the show like? thinking of getting a couple of tickets for a few buddys, is the craic good?
    Its probably as good as if not better than AC/DC live. Which is a hard act to follow. If you are new to Pink Floyd , I would advice watching The Wall movie so you can better relate to the concert. I was near tears but im a life long Floyd fan .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I can't wait for this gig.

It's very easy to comment from the side without knowing everything that's gone on, but why can't himself and Gilmour make up. It will never be the same as it was, but just imagine a tour of Dark Side of the Moon with himself, Dave and Nick.

Such a shame they can't get past their differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

emo72 wrote: »

The show is stunning .... but not something to go to for "the craic" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Went to buy tickets for this last night but Ticketmaster saying none available- is it sold out already ?

And what is the story with the pitch- there seems to be a premium section in front of the stage on the pitch itself - any ideas if these are standing or seated ? And were they on sale to the general public or only for fan club members or something ? I saw the the Wall in the Point last winter, great gig and would love to see the same show out doors but I ain't willing to sit down, or even stand with a seat behind me !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

RATM wrote: »
    Went to buy tickets for this last night but Ticketmaster saying none available- is it sold out already ?

And what is the story with the pitch- there seems to be a premium section in front of the stage on the pitch itself - any ideas if these are standing or seated ? And were they on sale to the general public or only for fan club members or something ? I saw the the Wall in the Point last winter, great gig and would love to see the same show out doors but I ain't willing to sit down, or even stand with a seat behind me !

They were originally standing but were changed to seating, this was after they had gone on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

A boardsie is / was implicated in setting up this site:

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully can still get premium seats. I wish theyd do something like in England where you can choose your exact seats, and not just have it as pot luck.

Just checked ticketmaster there again and it seems like standing is sold out. It is throwing up seats in the corner of the pitch so still possible to get tickets. I'll keep an eye on toutless.com to see if I can find a standing ticket.

Its going to be hard to see past the golden circle section when they are all standing on their seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

Diairist wrote: »
    A boardsie is / was implicated in setting up this site:

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16500

Whats that supposed to mean??

If you are trying to imply there is something sinister going on you couldnt be more wrong. I bought the above tickets thinking they were standing. When I realised they werent I bought two more standing tickets for the gold section. So I now have two stand seated tickets for sale, which I might add have never tried to or even hinted to flog on this site.

Mod Edit <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Whats that supposed to mean??

If you are trying to imply there is something sinister going on you couldnt be more wrong. I bought the above tickets thinking they were standing. When I realised they werent I bought two more standing tickets for the gold section. So I now have two stand seated tickets for sale, which I might add have never tried to or even hinted to flog on this site.

MOD EDIT:<Snip>.

A poster here, called Toast is involved in the excellent site Toutless (possibly involved in the setting up of if also).
    That's what Diarist was getting at.
    Don't be so touchy buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thinking of going to this.

would i be better off waiting til nearer the time to maybe pick up 2 better tickets that people may be off loading because the seats on ticketmaster dont seem to be good at the moment.

What would be the best view for this concert. Would the south stand be good ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Wait for the weather forecast I'd say.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Wait for the weather forecast I'd say.

Rain would add to the experience I think- couldn't have sunshine with these lyrics:

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Mother do you think they'll like this song?
    Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?
    Mother should I build the wall?
    Mother should I run for president?
    Mother should I trust the government?
    Mother will they put me in the firing line?
    Mother am I really dying?

I might have a spare ticket beside me at the front seated. I was thinking of bringing my 9 year old boy. What are your thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

brokenarms wrote: »
    I might have a spare ticket beside me at the front seated. I was thinking of bringing my 9 year old boy. What are your thoughts on this?

He's a lucky 9yr old. ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The fact that you're asking at all must mean you were half-considering it anyway. It would depend how much you thought he'd get out of it. Certainly, if he's familiar with (and likes) the songs from you playing the album around the house, I would definitely bring him. It's not like a conventional rock concert: it's pure spectacle, and he'll never forget it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bring him to The Lion King instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bring him. I was 10 when I went to my first concert and it was bon Jovi. At least you're bringing your son to something cool.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bring him. I was 10 when I went to my first concert and it was bon Jovi. At least you're bringing your son to something cool.

Yeah I was thinking that also.

He has been to festivals for 3 years in a row now. But this might be a different animal. In the flesh at the start of the gig is intense . very loud and almost overloads you with emotion . (well it did for me in the o2).

But on the other hand. How cool would it be to see the wall live as a kid.

I dunno. will have to think about it. The last thing I want is having to sit outside with a kid that wants to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yeah I was thinking that also.

He has been to festivals for 3 years in a row now. But this might be a different animal. In the flesh at the start of the gig is intense . very loud and almost overloads you with emotion . (well it did for me in the o2).

I dunno. will have to think about it. The last thing I want is having to sit outside with a kid that wants to go home.

give him money for a taxi home?!

or kinda more seriously, if you live closeby or have friends or family nearby someone could come and pick him up if its not his thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I was 13 at my first gig and it was Roger Waters. Started me off in the right direction anyways. I don't know if you seen any of the Wall show yet yourself. I was there in the o2 last year and is something he won't forget. It is a spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

CiaranK wrote: »
    I was 13 at my first gig and it was Roger Waters. Started me off in the right direction anyways. I don't know if you seen any of the Wall show yet yourself. I was there in the o2 last year and is something he won't forget. It is a spectacle.

agreed to follow up on my last post ya gotta give the kid a chance to see if they'd like it.

although if he bails after 5 mins it would suck if a mate wanted to head too. but family first i think and it'd be an awesome experience

Roger Waters is getting on in years and won't be touring forever. He'll never forget it and always remember seeing one of the kings of rock play before he gives up touring. He probably won't realise it until years later which will make him appreciate you bringing him even more

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

im thinking of buying tickets too this.

i knw the view from the south stand would be good but would it be worth the money ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'm gonna come across as a complete prude here but feck it. Just have a watch of the graphics on line and make sure you are happy with your 9 year old seeing them. If i remember correctly their is a pretty grotesque and explicit section towards the end of the second half. Doesnt last long but you might or might not be comfortable.

Let the flaming commence. :D

Advertisement