Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

How do you know it's not selling well? And I can't see a ticket price reduction so where are you seeing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

do concert promoters ever release info on how well a concert is selling? unless you have inside info theres no way of knowing i supppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Oh sorry I was looking at the prices on the poster thought they had dropped them.

Thought they reduced them.

Just a rumor is all. No they dont release that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

emo72 wrote: »
    do concert promoters ever release info on how well a concert is selling? unless you have inside info theres no way of knowing i supppose.

They don't pay for advertising unless they have to. If they're advertising, it's not selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Almost every gig, other than ones that sell out immediately, get heavily advertised in the weeks running up to them.

And besides, who cares if it's not selling well. As long as it goes ahead (which it will) it will be epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

RainyDay wrote: »
    They don't pay for advertising unless they have to. If they're advertising, it's not selling.

The advertising is planned out before tickets go on sale. When the posters/ads are going up are determined then and paid for. That's why you can often see posters for a gig up near to the time saying sold out on them. Maybe it doesn't always work that way but for the likes of Roger Waters this is the way it is probably done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'd love to go, its just the question of money.

Its still far from sold out if your worrying about paying over face value?

Found out I could get the time off two days ago, ordered my tickets there and then, premium level seating :)

Plenty available in the gold circle etc, I would rather be a little bit back to experience the whole thing properly though

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

Should have held it in the O2

Havent been to a concert in the Aviva before, would people think Block 313 of the premium level in the south stand would be a good place to view this or should I attempt to swap for Block 307 of the premium level in the East stand which might be a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Id say 307, less likely to have sound desk in eyeline. Not much difference though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

looking at the below.... its one mammoth tour:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Live_%28concert_tour%29

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is there any designated smoking areas in the Aviva? Are you allowed smoke outside like in Croke park I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

golfball37 wrote: »
    Is there any designated smoking areas in the Aviva? Are you allowed smoke outside like in Croke park I mean?

I would imagine you can smoke before the turnstiles, but that there'll be no re-entry, so once you hand in your ticket, that's it. Having said that, if you're standing (on the pitch), I doubt they'll do much to stop anyone smoking, although I've never been to a stadium gig before, so others may be better placed to answer your question than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I would imagine you can smoke before the turnstiles, but that there'll be no re-entry, so once you hand in your ticket, that's it. Having said that, if you're standing (on the pitch), I doubt they'll do much to stop anyone smoking, although I've never been to a stadium gig before, so others may be better placed to answer your question than me.

If in the seats, they have smoking areas just outside the stadium. Ya get a stamp for re-entry, its away around the back kinda. That's for matches anyway, can't imagine it being different!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I got tickets for my husband, 13 year old and 11 year old and were in block 524 upper tier (I know they werent great!) and just got an email from ticketmaster saying that due to production changes, our seats have changed to premium seating south stand (no block mentioned)

I know from previous concerts this can feel like being in no mans land if the pitch isnt full though but maybe a bit different for this .. is their anyway leeway with ticketmaster or is that an ok deal?

Any thoughts before ringing them!? (89.50 tickets for block 107 are still available in the lower stands) its the youngest first ever concert and huge pink floyd fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone got a seat/standing map of the Aviva for this gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

samo wrote: »
    I got tickets for my husband, 13 year old and 11 year old and were in block 524 upper tier (I know they werent great!) and just got an email from ticketmaster saying that due to production changes, our seats have changed to premium seating south stand (no block mentioned)

I know from previous concerts this can feel like being in no mans land if the pitch isnt full though but maybe a bit different for this .. is their anyway leeway with ticketmaster or is that an ok deal?

Any thoughts before ringing them!? (89.50 tickets for block 107 are still available in the lower stands) its the youngest first ever concert and huge pink floyd fan!
    You will be getting better seats, and at a show like this being higher is better than lower and with taking children premium level would be ideal. This move must be related to ticket sales as they would have known the logistics when picking the venue

That had crossed my mind in relation to the ticket sales ..though looking on ticketmaster only 89.50 tickets left apparently!

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have standing tickets for this, can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

samo wrote: »

You may have restricted view if too close to the stage- just a thought- even premium seats may have issues with viewing perspective for this particular concert considering it is the "wall"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

This has to have overtaken Neil diamond advertisements levels. Every ad break every radio station, three page ads in herald the last two days . Definitely would have suited 02 better ,saleswise I mean. If I hear " you've just won 2 tickets to roger waters " again ill have nightmares. Anyway to the fans enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Word of warning when choosing seats. The higher is not better in the aviva. I worked spots lights there for the 2 Buble concerts. The sound in the upper tears was inaudible. all you can hear is a bassey din.

brokenarms wrote: »
    Word of warning when choosing seats. The higher is not better in the aviva. I worked spots lights there for the 2 Buble concerts. The sound in the upper tears was inaudible. all you can hear is a bassey din.

Premium level seating be ok sound wise though?

Question for people who have been to the Aviva for a concert before, where is the best place for parking? I have to drive up and down that night due to work commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

kryogen wrote: »

I had a word with the sound people there at the time. They said the whole place was designed to make the rugby and football crowds cheers sound bigger. This did not lend itself to concert music.

Maybe they have found away around it.

Search the threads on here about it. A lot of people were demanding a refund . I couldn't blame them. I had headphones on and it was still horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Premium is ok. Level 5 can be dodgy at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Hmm still mulling over whether I should go to this. I saw it in the 02 and it was great. I suppose it may well be the last time to see it with Waters pushing 70.

You may have restricted view if too close to the stage- just a thought- even premium seats may have issues with viewing perspective for this particular concert considering it is the "wall"

Looking on ticketmaster, it seems they have given us block 314 row S, can only hope its ok for them as reading the posts further on seems like the upper tiers were even worse for sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

is the place going to be half empty so?

• Advertisement

Question for people who have been to the Aviva for a concert before, where is the best place for parking? I have to drive up and down that night due to work commitments.

Anybody?

Advertisement