Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

kryogen wrote: »
    Anybody?

Where are you coming from and trying to get back to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

coolisin wrote: »
    Where are you coming from and trying to get back to?

Waterford, be heading up and down the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

You could park in ringsend, and just walk to the gig.
    If you want to park in a car park, you could park in q-park off o connell st, and get the dart from connolly to lansdowne, just a 30 sec walk to the stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Park and Ride at Red Cow Luas, red Luas line to Tara and DART to Landsdowne - probably as well to walk back into town after the gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

RainyDay wrote: »
    Park and Ride at Red Cow Luas, red Luas line to Tara and DART to Landsdowne - probably as well to walk back into town after the gig.

That's just ridiculously complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

That's just ridiculously complicated.

Grand so, we'll just get you a private limo to bring you door-to-door then instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Are there any standing or floor tickets left for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

As previously suggested , parking in Ringsend is an option, or park along side Herbert Park in Ballsbridge

Parking in Ringsend would be about a 10-15 minute walk away right? That seems ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Parking in Ringsend would be about a 10-15 minute walk away right? That seems ok

Ringsend or Ballbridge are 10mins walk ... you're good either area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Agreed... Drive to ballsbridge.

Ive been to the aviva scores of times.... Parking is not that bad.

Beats the hell out of that public transport option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

excellent, now the thread is all about parking.

who_ru wrote: »
    excellent, now the thread is all about parking.

You enjoying it so much you feel the need to keep the thread going in that direction?

Hardcore man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

where would be the best to sit for this event?

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    where would be the best to sit for this event?

Premium level a few blocks back from the stage in the east or west stand I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Realise I'm in a minority here, but I didn't think the last O2 show was *that* stunning. Yes brilliant musically, but visually it was just a big wall going up with some(albeit impressive) visuals projected onto it.

IMO I'd rather go see Waters do his old best of Pink Floyd show...the tributes(aussie/Brit Floyd) offer a better visual show than I seen at the O2 and just as good musically.

Have always though The Wall would be an ideal opportunity for the artist to involve local schoolkids singing on stage, so was hugely disappointed when that didn't happen at the O2....just heard on the radio this morning that it may happen at the Aviva though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

But they did involve local school kids at the point show I thought?

But that has always being the wall show a massive wall going up with pictures projected onto it.

I do love the tribute act show when they come around though.
    Always visually great shows

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Chelon wrote: »
    Realise I'm in a minority here, but I didn't think the last O2 show was *that* stunning. Yes brilliant musically, but visually it was just a big wall going up with some(albeit impressive) visuals projected onto it.

IMO I'd rather go see Waters do his old best of Pink Floyd show...the tributes(aussie/Brit Floyd) offer a better visual show than I seen at the O2 and just as good musically.

Have always though The Wall would be an ideal opportunity for the artist to involve local schoolkids singing on stage, so was hugely disappointed when that didn't happen at the O2....just heard on the radio this morning that it may happen at the Aviva though...

I think this time round they are meant to have upped the stage show a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Just booked in to work this gig. Do you reckon it will be a sell out? Alot older and relaxed crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

damianmcr wrote: »
    Just booked in to work this gig. Do you reckon it will be a sell out? Alot older and relaxed crowd?

Nowhere near a sellout one can imagine. Not necessarily older, but should be very relaxed if the o2 gigs are anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Good to hear. Not that I had any bother at Robbie or Rihanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

the tributes(aussie/Brit Floyd) offer a better visual show than I seen at the O2 and just as good musically.

I've seen both in the 02 and there is no comparison between them, Waters show is light years ahead in every way. Just look at a few youtube clips of each and make your own mind up. The Aviva show will be epic.

I'm not a big fan of the album but would you still recommend going to this? I'm thinking of getting a ticket but I'm not a big fan of The Wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Suas11 wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the album but would you still recommend going to this? I'm thinking of getting a ticket but I'm not a big fan of The Wall.

Why would you even think about getting a ticket to a gig of an album you don't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Why would you even think about getting a ticket to a gig of an album you don't like?

For the show. Sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

GO.
    I've seen maybe 4 tribute acts doing it and this'll be my 2nd time seeing waters doing it.
    I'm not the biggest floyd fan and i'd prefer darkside over the wall, but for the show alone, it'll be worth it.
    I picked up 2 premium level section 307 tickets for €150, so there are cheaper than face value tickets out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

No please don't go if your just going to have a chat with your pals?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Catmologen wrote: »
    I've seen both in the 02 and there is no comparison between them, Waters show is light years ahead in every way. Just look at a few youtube clips of each and make your own mind up. The Aviva show will be epic.

Yes Rogers Wall show was much better than the Aussies, but I prefer the tributes usual "mixed bag" more. Looking forward to the Brit Floyd "Pulse" show in November.

If Waters was doing his usual Floyd show I'd walk over hot coals to see it. I just thought at certain points the spectacle of a wall being built was a bit boring.

Inbox wrote: »
    No please don't go if your just going to have a chat with your pals?

When did I say anything like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Your eleven years too late dude, the last time Waters played a selection of Floyds greatest hits was during 2002 period, the In the Flesh tour, he played Glastonbury that year too. Did he not play the Dark side tour too in 2006 or 2007 as well, Im sure he played Dublin and Cork.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement