Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Another surprise at the O2 gig was the lack of a real live "dirty woman" as in the film. Schoolkids on tape and a video of the woman - I'd hope they are for real at the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

I hear there may be local schoolkids used for ABITW chorus. A step up from Laurence Dallaglio who sung on the original I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Did he not play the Dark side tour too in 2006 or 2007 as well, Im sure he played Dublin and Cork.

In Cork 2006 he played dark side of the moon in the second half of the show. After the power cut!

It was hits for the first half. In the flesh, shine on etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

Chelon wrote: »
    Have always though The Wall would be an ideal opportunity for the artist to involve local schoolkids singing on stage, so was hugely disappointed when that didn't happen at the O2....just heard on the radio this morning that it may happen at the Aviva though...

:confused: I was at both gigs at the O2 in 2011 and there was definitely kids on stage singing ABINT - both nights.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMwmwK5MWI

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Clacke wrote: »
    :confused: I was at both gigs at the O2 in 2011 and there was definitely kids on stage singing ABINT - both nights.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMwmwK5MWI

+1 on this they were from an inner city school. St Joseph's I think. You must have had bad seats if you're didn't see the kids or the stage show Chelon :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

singing ABINT

Did they not know all the words?:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Did they not know all the words?:eek::D

What the ???!! I'm putting that down to autocorrect!! I swear I haven't touched a drop yet!! :D:D

golfball37 wrote: »
    I hear there may be local schoolkids used for ABITW chorus. A step up from Laurence Dallaglio who sung on the original I suppose...

Eh? Too cryptic for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMwmwK5MWI[/QUOTE]

Well that's amazing I must have had too much sherbet....we were standing way off to the right though...

Seriously though, were they actually singing? If so they must have perfected their estuary English accents, and been wearing mikes...otherwise it was all played from a tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Valaquenta

Myself and a friend are supposed to be getting a Kelly Travel bus up from Limerick but it's leaving at midday. Finishing work THAT early is a no-go anyway. Your man at the bus place says it's an early show hence the early departure time.

If Kelly's bus don't decide to depart later, I may just drive up at 3 altogether and hop on the luas into the city centre.

What time is the show expected to actually start?

• Advertisement

Eh? Too cryptic for me...

Mix up?

"In 1985, as a 13-year-old chorister in the King's House School choir, Dallaglio and 20 other choristers sang backing vocals on the song "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner. This only became known in 2005, when the Musicians' Union, having realised that the choristers had not been paid royalties on the record, attempted to track them down. As part of the same choir, Dallaglio sang at the wedding of composer Andrew Lloyd Webber.[4]"

Mix up?

"In 1985, as a 13-year-old chorister in the King's House School choir, Dallaglio and 20 other choristers sang backing vocals on the song "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner. This only became known in 2005, when the Musicians' Union, having realised that the choristers had not been paid royalties on the record, attempted to track them down. As part of the same choir, Dallaglio sang at the wedding of composer Andrew Lloyd Webber.[4]"

Indeed, I was mixing it up.

Valaquenta wrote: »
    Myself and a friend are supposed to be getting a Kelly Travel bus up from Limerick but it's leaving at midday. Finishing work THAT early is a no-go anyway. Your man at the bus place says it's an early show hence the early departure time.

If Kelly's bus don't decide to depart later, I may just drive up at 3 altogether and hop on the luas into the city centre.

What time is the show expected to actually start?

Ticket says 19:45

Ya, ticketmaster does too so I dunno where Kelly Travel are getting the notion that it's an early show, requiring leaving Limerick at 12. We'd be there before 3pm waiting around like fools and it's not exactly easy trying to get out of work early. Must tell em we won't be going up with them if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

That's quite cheap, I paid nearly nearly €70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

That's quite cheap, I paid nearly nearly €70

Boom boom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ Chelon regarding "Realise I'm in a minority here, but I didn't think the last O2 show was *that* stunning".

Are you for real??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Right, the wife has managed to lose the tickets, anyone experience this before?

I know I contact ticketmaster, but will they send me out new ones? Give me duplicates like or will I be able to print them from the internet or will I have to collect at the box office? Worse will I just be told to **** off?

They are seated tickets so I believe I should be able to get them replaced?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

kryogen wrote: »

I know I contact ticketmaster, but will they send me out new ones? Give me duplicates like or will I be able to print them from the internet or will I have to collect at the box office? Worse will I just be told to **** off?

Did you go opt for that insurance add on when purchasing the tickets?

I don't think Ticketmaster replace lost tickets.

Did you pay by card? Should be no problem if so

• Advertisement

How do TM know you received them?:)

Did you go opt for that insurance add on when purchasing the tickets?

I don't think Ticketmaster replace lost tickets.

No I never do that, hoping it wont be a big issue though, doesn't seem to be according to the website
    Valaquenta wrote: »
    Did you pay by card? Should be no problem if so

Yep, always pay by card, why should it be no problem that way if you don't mind me asking?
    How do TM know you received them?:)

This is true! I guess I could say I didn't get them at all? Any way of them finding out if I was lying though?

No I never do that, hoping it wont be a big issue though, doesn't seem to be according to the website

Yep, always pay by card, why should it be no problem that way if you don't mind me asking?

They should have the ticket numbers that correspond to your card number and send replacements afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Yeah tricky one. I'm not sure if you have kids and solicitor fees will be sky high for a divorce. Best of luck ! (Kidding)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster are selling tickets outside the concert.

Just wondering about taking the chance to get a below cost ticket from someone trying to get rid of one and then if I cant to purchase from Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Ticketmaster are selling tickets outside the concert.

Just wondering about taking the chance to get a below cost ticket from someone trying to get rid of one and then if I cant to purchase from Ticketmaster.

Click here and see a map showing aviva to ballsbridge and this

http://www.goldenpages.ie/ticketmaster-outlet-dublin-city-D4/1/

is one there i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They started setting up in the Aviva today.:eek:

Is there any support act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

They started setting up in the Aviva today.:eek:

Is there any support act?

I'd be surprised if there was. There wasn't at the O2.

poundhound wrote: »
    @ Chelon regarding "Realise I'm in a minority here, but I didn't think the last O2 show was *that* stunning".

Are you for real??

Don't get me wrong, it was a great show and I'm a huge Floyd/Waters nut, but I just thought the spectacle of the wall being built and thus hiding the musicians wasn't as good visually as other shows, eg the Earls Court 90s show - only seen this on DVD, but if I had a choice I know which one I'd go see.

• Advertisement

Wattle wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if there was. There wasn't at the O2.

No ticket says no support

Advertisement