Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Chelon wrote: »
    the Earls Court 90s show - only seen this on DVD, but if I had a choice I know which one I'd go see.

Wow ... I couldn't disagree more - I think Pulse is an awful live DVD - full of horrible slo-mo action shots / fades etc ... it's puke inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Valaquenta

The show in the 02 was outstanding. Pulse was grand. As The Wall is my favourite Floyd album, this for me is the pinnacle. Unless I can timewarp back to Pompeii...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

RayCon wrote: »
    Wow ... I couldn't disagree more - I think Pulse is an awful live DVD - full of horrible slo-mo action shots / fades etc ... it's puke inducing.

Tbh I've only seen bits of the DVD, but did see the full show when it was broadcast on BBC1 - the footage used on TV may have been different to the DVD, judging by what you say.

Also The Wall isn't my favourite album, so this would account for my preference of live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piddif

Hi guys,

I'm driving up to this from Leitrim and never parked in Dublin before. It will probably be a nightmare

Any tips or ideas on where to park etc?

Thanks,

Patrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

piddif wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm driving up to this from Leitrim and never parked in Dublin before. It will probably be a nightmare

Any tips or ideas on where to park etc?

Thanks,

Patrick

People have been advising me to park in Ballsbridge or Ringsend and stroll in. Will be doing that myself

• Advertisement

Thanks, I will look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Hi guys,
    does anybody know where will be the pre-sale tickets collection? I think it is via MCD, I'm just trying to understand the exact location of the box office before get there on wednesday.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

aferru wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    does anybody know where will be the pre-sale tickets collection? I think it is via MCD, I'm just trying to understand the exact location of the box office before get there on wednesday.
    Thanks!

If its same places as football matches, it'll be a hut at the junction that goes from balls bridge down towards the stadium.

Anyone know what time the show will finish up at?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just got this via email from Ticketmaster

"Gates Open: 18:00
    Show Starts: 20:00

No queuing before gates open. These are outdoor events.
    Concerts rain or shine. Please note times are subject to change."

"If you selected Box Office Collection, your tickets will be available for collection on the day of the concert. The box office will be open from 14:00 at The Grosvenor Suite 2, Clyde Court Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. "

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Got the email too. It says that pitch standing tickets enter via the green entrance (Lansdowne Rd). Someone please tell me they aren't strict with this? I live on the complete opposite end of the stadium, and really don't want to have to needlessly and ridiculously walk all the way around the ****ing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sorry they are strict, stupid I know .

Got the email too. It says that pitch standing tickets enter via the green entrance (Lansdowne Rd). Someone please tell me they aren't strict with this? I live on the complete opposite end of the stadium, and really don't want to have to needlessly and ridiculously walk all the way around the ****ing thing.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

are you really complaining about walking a wee bit?

Try a 4 hour bus journey to just get to the hotel you have to stay in and then trying to get from hotel to gig and back again that night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

danniemcq wrote: »
    are you really complaining about walking a wee bit?

I'm complaining about having to walk past 3 different entrances before getting to one I'm allowed use, and the absurdity of it.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    Try a 4 hour bus journey to just get to the hotel you have to stay in and then trying to get from hotel to gig and back again that night.

Sucks for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Recent shows on this tour have all started bang on 8.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I'm complaining about having to walk past 3 different entrances before getting to one I'm allowed use, and the absurdity of it.

Most likely its the entrance thats closest for where you will be seated or standing and that the other entrances are closest for where others will be seated or standing. Its all to do with crowd volume control.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThisIsMySeat

I will be travelling back to Skerries after the show, the last train from Pearse leaves at 23:35. If, as some people say, the show ends at 10 to half 10, will it be at all possible to get back into town to catch the train? Just how bad is the Dart at handling big crowds afterwards, or would I be better off with a taxi? If worst comes to worst my parents could pick me up, but it's hassle that I'd rather avoid.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

I will be travelling back to Skerries after the show, the last train from Pearse leaves at 23:35. If, as some people say, the show ends at 10 to half 10, will it be at all possible to get back into town to catch the train? Just how bad is the Dart at handling big crowds afterwards, or would I be better off with a taxi? If worst comes to worst my parents could pick me up, but it's hassle that I'd rather avoid.

Thanks.

Pearse street station is easily walkable in under 30 minutes from the Aviva so you'll have no trouble getting there if you cant get a dart

• Advertisement

Any idea on weather for tomorrow?

Donegal is currently a complete washout but Google is saying Dublin tomorrow should be a bit cloudy just.

Yr.no is saying that it shoukd be dry tomorrow evening. God help anyone who puts up an umbrella in front of me if it does rain. And it'll be very cold too, so be prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Mushy wrote: »
    Yr.no is saying that it shoukd be dry tomorrow evening. God help anyone who puts up an umbrella in front of me if it does rain. And it'll be very cold too, so be prepared.

Umbreallas are banned
    1. Fireworks, smoke canisters, vuvuzelas, bottles, knives, glasses, cans, flag poles, banners, laser devices, dangerous or hazardous items and other similar articles or containers including anything which could or might be used as a weapon are not permitted within the ground and any person in possession of such an article or container may be refused entry or ejected from the Stadium. Umbrellas are not permitted to be used within Aviva Stadium. Prams/Strollers are not permitted within Aviva Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Thinking of buying tickets in the third row. Anyone that has seen the stage up close, would that be too close to appreciate the whole show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

kc66 wrote: »
    Thinking of buying tickets in the third row. Anyone that has seen the stage up close, would that be too close to appreciate the whole show?

I personally think there are pros and cons with the row you want.

Pros being you will see Waters and his band up close.
    Cons are you may not get the full effect of the lights and projections.

I dont think anyone will be disapointed wherever they are to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Got tickets for this over the weekend - pitch standing.

Getting excited now:D
    Show is pretty spectacular from accounts I've read/seen.

What does anyone reckon the chances of Gilmour appearing on top of the Wall for Comfortably Numb like at the O2 in London?:pac:

I can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I'd say it's about a 0% chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

good aul roger, made the 6 one news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

emo72 wrote: »
    good aul roger, made the 6 one news.

I missed that, anyone know where he's staying . I would actually like to meet him and say thanks and get an autograph :o

Advertisement