Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters 'The Wall' - Aviva Stadium Dublin September 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Never been to the Aviva before. Can you buy Beer and Food inside before the gig starts? (mainly interested in Beer answer!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Absolutely i'd say there's nearly 100 food/bar kiosks in the place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

When the tickets were changed to seating I got the first row in the middle, it doesn't look too bad now. It is a visual and musical spectacular.

CC535F7F4A9146C3B87D4AC802B6E1E1-0000362898-0003370891-00640L-7925AD332ECC4FEE9AA24EDADF8D493C.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sorry if its been asked, but I have to go collect my duplicate tickets from some hotel tomorrow, where the box office is I guess? Anyone have any more details about this, I think its on the Lansdowne Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

rednik wrote: »
    When the tickets were changed to seating I got the first row in the middle, it doesn't look too bad now. It is a visual and musical spectacular.

CC535F7F4A9146C3B87D4AC802B6E1E1-0000362898-0003370891-00640L-7925AD332ECC4FEE9AA24EDADF8D493C.jpg

whats with the seats up the front? is the whole pitch area gonna be covered with seats? i havent a clue whether im sitting or standing. i should check the ticket to see if theres a seat number i suppose. otherwise its standing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Its not all pitch-seating is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How do you guys not know what tickets you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

emo72 wrote: »
    whats with the seats up the front? is the whole pitch area gonna be covered with seats? i havent a clue whether im sitting or standing. i should check the ticket to see if theres a seat number i suppose. otherwise its standing!

They are the seats in the "golden circle" I would imagine, little too close to the stage for my liking but definitely tempted me when buying!

Be like the pit, except, with seats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

How do you guys not know what tickets you have?

havent looked at them yet:P and the wife booked them as a surprise, all i know is im going. i suppose down the back is the place to be at this. if they gave me tickets for free to be at the front i wouldnt take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86565579&postcount=223

kryogen wrote: »
    Sorry if its been asked, but I have to go collect my duplicate tickets from some hotel tomorrow, where the box office is I guess? Anyone have any more details about this, I think its on the Lansdowne Road?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

What tickets were changed?

GF bought me pitch standing, was there a code on the tickets or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

danniemcq wrote: »
    What tickets were changed?

GF bought me pitch standing, was there a code on the tickets or something?

I originally bought golden circle standing tickets but within weeks these were changed to seating. I bought the tickets from Waters own website and received confirmation of row and seat numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I originally bought golden circle standing tickets but within weeks these were changed to seating. I bought the tickets from Waters own website and received confirmation of row and seat numbers.

ah right its just basic pitch standing I have, no bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

125_0790-roger-waters-pink-floyd-the-wall-att-park-san-francisco-fireworks.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The photo of the Aviva above was provided by MCD and shows the stage and seating "under construction". Thats not the finished set up.

Seating will take up almost half the pitch closest to the stage, with general admission standing behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

That pic is awesome - where was it taken?

You definitely wouldn't want to be too close for this.

EDIT:
    Actually looking closer at the pic it's SF Giants stadium!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I will try and post a picture of the stage later on before the gates open.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Vera what has become of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

What time are people heading in for. In the standing and want to get a decent spot. Was think bout getting in for 7ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You are all amazingly lucky with the weather, though a bit parky later I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Does anybody else in here feel the way I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Left to the last min to book a hostel. Anyone know somewhere not booked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Make sure you packed your bag,toothbrush and comb

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

golfball37 wrote: »
    Make sure you packed your bag,toothbrush and comb

And use the bathrooms in the 24 hour mc donalds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

had a look on trivago.
    There are places available in
    Oliver St John Gogartys in Temple bar
    Mt Eccles Court
    Paddys Palace
    and a few more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No comments? Thought it was a great gig, not as good as Cork 2006 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Ive never seen anything like it!

The opening to the show.... The perfect surround sound effects was out of this world.

I'll post more thoughts tomorrow, my only issue was that the intermission killed the comcerts momentum stone dead.

Picked up very well afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Great gig, probably better than the O2. Sound was spot on and the surround sound was great great for the immersion. Visuals were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Better known as "Tripped Out In Cork" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Absolutely blown away.

I was a bit disappointed with my seats; 90 quid to be sitting at the very edge with an acute view, couldn't see the stage at all, but once the wall went up it didn't matter.

All in all, having seen the wall last time here, I knew what to expect. I was worried the sound would be off, I'd heard negative reports of the aviva before, but it was great. Savage gig, delighted I got to see it a second time. Whatever bickering went on between the two of them, there's no denying the man is a living legend.

Advertisement