Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbags tried to steal my bike last night..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,099 ✭✭✭✭listermint

underground parking is a joke. in fact people rely on it too much. If you are reliant on underground parking and gates to protect your property you might aswell get that notion out of your head.

The simple fact is these lads know what they are doing. Wait for vehicle to come in stroll in and put some tape or cardboard over the sensor. Gate stays open for as long as they like. Its not rocket science.

Its up to you to look after your property because MC's do not care in the slightest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'd put in a ground anchor and worry about what the MC have to say afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I'd put in a ground anchor and worry about what the MC have to say afterwards.

aye, sometimes easier to get forgiveness then permission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you park your bike in the same out of the way spot all the time, I doubt the management company would even notice a ground anchor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Where I used to live, the lads just cloned the code on the gate transmitter. They came in one morning with a van(no reg), put bricks under the middle of all the cars, took all the wheels off and let the cars drop. Did some serious damage and stole all the nice wheels. Took two mopeds that were badly locked up as well.

The first time it was annoying, the second time people in the complex were quite pissed off. So yeah, underground car parks provide a false sense of security. It was a nice complex but there was nothing anybody could do to stop them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

there was nothing anybody could do to stop them.

i dont agree with this to be honest, i do understand that if they want it bad enough they will take it, but what really bugs me is we pay these managemnet companies a lot of money per month to keep the place secure, why cant they put a guard on the gate.

The last place i lived had the gate rammed by a van load of scum bags that had just helped themselves to both of my scooters, 2 motorbikes and several other things such as wheels from different cars, their piece of card over the gate sensor fell off so the gate closed. the boys decided to ram the gate, managed to get the van lodged on-top of the gate and could not move, they hit it so hard that my scooter bent its frame, it was in the back of the van and was totalled.

But it took them a month to repair/replace the gate, meanwhile the company were forced to put a guard on the gate 24/7 as they were responsible for the security of the complex. why cant they do this in places that these idiots want to take some things.

Advertisement