Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Eircom is a nightmare. Do they really want us.

Options
  • 09-11-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I applied to return to Eircom on 15/10/12 via win back team. I asked if I had to fill out any forms and was told that a contract over the phone would do. On 19/10/12 my calls were transferred. I rang Eircom to find out when my broadband would come across and was eventually told, after being transferred round the building to about 5 different people, Oct 29th. This date came and went and nothing. I waited and nothing happened. Last Monday Nov 5th, I decided to get this sorted and that is when my nightmare started. I rang the win-back section and was told that Vodafone had put a "block" on my transfer and I would have to fill out a form. I asked what the form was about - no explanation. How come my calls came across and not broadband - Vodafone's fault. I was told to fill out the form in order to get my broadband with Eircom. I have no contract or outstanding bills with Vodafone. People and tones got nastier. Every day since last Monday I asked for a supervisor or manager-they were at meeting! A manager in win back was to call me yest morning, I am still waiting for the call. It is a joke. I was transferred to every section imaginable and no two people gave me the same answers and sometimes my calls were just returned to the menu. I have lodged a complaint with Customer Care - heard nothing since. I rang yesterday to cancel my application and was told that I cannot do that as I have a contract. I contacted Vodafone, spoke to a Manager who is checking out this famous "block". I have an email from Vodafone saying that my line is free to take across and nobody in Eircom is interested. They are just insisting that I fill out this form, which I received, and nobody was able to explain to me what it is all about. Eircom is saying that Vodafone has caused this problem and Vodafone is saying that Eircom did. I am just caught in the middle. I will now have to pay Eircom for calls and Vodafone for Broadband. At this stage, I have given up ringing Eircom as it is just too upsetting, nobody is taking responsibility, being transferred to people who say "it has nothing to do with them". It is totally demoralizing, I feel that I am begging. What gives them the right to treat us in this manner. Why should I now have to fill out a form when I was told at the beginning that their was no need. Do I now have to sit back until the ComReg gets involved. Someone caused this issue and must take responsibility. I am the paying customer - why should I be given the choice of "fill out the form or your broadband will not be connected".
    My questions are;
    1. Do Eircom staff not have the same information
    2. Are new customers important to the company
    3. Do the win back team have managers/ supervisors
    4. I have a verbal contract with Eircom, which did not include any written forms, why is this written form now included in my contract. Yesterday I was told by a person in sales that I will not get broadband unless I sign it.
    4. I felt that nobody actually listened to what I had to say. I am a customer not a beggar

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Complain to Comreg about this. consumerline@comreg.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sunflower2012

Thanks but I already have but I must wait for 10 days after I put in my complaint. I am just so annoyed. I thought behavior like this was a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

So it seems that Eircom or no better now than they were when you left them. That's no surprise to me, I left them a number of years ago due to their crap customer care and would never return, I have had phone calls and visits from their win back team offering me "a fantastic deal", and they cannot understand when I tell them my decision to stay away from them has nothing to do with money.
    I'm surprised they are treating you like crap so soon, but at least you can have the satisfaction of knowing that you were right to leave them originally. You need to contact consumers affairs about this.

Thanks. I never thought about them. I just never expected this hassle. The only reason I went back to Eircom was for the StudyHub

It's all sorted, I hope. My broadband was switched over to Eircom on 26/11/2012. It was a long switchover!

• Advertisement
Advertisement