Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call for payment

Options
  • 09-11-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I just got a call from a guy telling me he is from electric Ireland about an outstanding payment. I moved house on the 01.11 and he was DEMANDING that I pay NOW my outstanding bill. I didn`t even received a bill or a meter reading or anything. When I told him that, he was really rude telling me that they send it out on the 30.11 and I should have received the bill long ago. But I never got it. Told him I would be happy to pay but I want a bill and that he could be everybody , then he started to be really unfriendly, told me I have to pay now and then on the phone. I have to say as well that he had a thick english accent and was talking very fast and that I could hardly understand him, so I ask if he would please slow down a bit but no, he did not. Sorry but this is not customer service. He interrupted me the whole time when I tried to tell him that I would be happy to pay but not without anything in my hands. So he said then a bill will be send out again, didn't even check the new address if correct and hung up.
    Is that now the way electric ireland is treating their customers or was that a scam call? Its not a high outstanding payment so it would not justify this kind of behavior. Sorry I had share this just in case it was a scam call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Siipina,

We're very sorry to read you were spoken to in the above manner. This is unacceptable and not in keeping with our standards of customer service.

You said you moved house on 01.11? Unless there were previously overdue/unpaid amounts (which would carry over and be marked as arrears), each bill allows a customer a 14 day window to clear the amount in full from the date of issue. If you can PM me your account details, I would like to verify for you whether this call was in fact from Electric Ireland.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Scammer I'd say, no rep would carry on that way.Ignore it.

Advertisement