Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Out - Bike Thieves

Options
  • 09-11-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Was walking by the ERB building by the foundation building and two "young gentlemen" were trying to free a bicycle that was locked onto a pillar.
    Luckily enough people noticed and the "young gentlemen" took off.

I contacted security and they were out looking for them in a matter of minutes.

Please keep an eye out for these types and please contact security asap if you see anything untoward.

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Buildings_and_Estates/Security

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Just to second this, my bike was stolen two weeks ago, probably the same two little ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You never know they could have owned the bike and the lock had broken. Here you are jumping to conclusion based on how they looked.
    For shame.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

two "young gentlemen"
    freyners wrote: »
    probably the same two little ****s

probably the same two young gentlements indeed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Jester252 wrote: »
    You never know they could have owned the bike and the lock had broken. Here you are jumping to conclusion based on how they looked.
    For shame.

:pac:

I do understand that tracksuits are tremendously popular on campus but I deducted from the branding that it was no Abercrombie & Fitch so labelled him as a gentleman of leisure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Polar Ice wrote: »
    probably the same two young gentlements indeed :cool:
    A bit of regular expression matching, is it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Electrified bikes is the only way to keep these scumbags away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I do understand that tracksuits are tremendously popular on campus but I deducted from the branding that it was no Abercrombie & Fitch so labelled him as a gentleman of leisure. :)
    Its all about labelling with you man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Saw two lads a few weeks ago alright eyeing them up by the ERB. Was in a hurry so I tried emailing security but that email bounced.

Advertisement