Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only got 3 meg service but Eircom still expecting me to pay for Eircom Turbo

Options
  • 09-11-2012 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

During September and October I was signed up to Eircom's 24 mb package. During this time I only received 3 Mbps or less download speed, in the majority. Maximum was 11 Mbps, which I got a couple of times for a few minutes. The line is syncing at/capable of 15 Mbps.

I want to know WHY I am expected to pay for a service I was not in ANY way receiving. I also want to know WHY the charges bear little resemblance to the offer I signed up to, and WHY I was charged €32 in September's bill for "service and connection charges" when I transferred from Vodafone, and already paid rental as part of my "Eircom Talk Off-Peak".

Service that bears no resemblance to the package I signed up to.

Opaque billing, which seems to be made up.

And, to add insult to injury, a complete refusal to lower the previous bills to the entry level package, despite that being the service which was provided.

DO NOT USE EIRCOM BROADBAND UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET FLEECED!

Advertisement