Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound issue on laptop

Options
  • 09-11-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I connected my laptop to our new TV the other night through the HDMI cable and it worked fine and I had to configure the settings to get the sound to work through the TV BUT now I can't get the sound to work on the laptop again!!! Driving me mad.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

notsobusy wrote: »
    I connected my laptop to our new TV the other night through the HDMI cable and it worked fine and I had to configure the settings to get the sound to work through the TV BUT now I can't get the sound to work on the laptop again!!! Driving me mad.

Any help appreciated.

Right click volume icon in system tray>Playback devices>Set speakers over HDMI as default

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

yoyo wrote: »

Right click volume icon in system tray>Playback devices>Set speakers over HDMI as default

Nick

I've done this and it didn't work!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

notsobusy wrote: »
    I've done this and it didn't work!

Try updating your sound card drivers and see if it helps :) . Also do the video card ones as well :)

Nick

Advertisement