Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavazza rossa 3x250g Dunnes Stores

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Has anyone seen these three-packs lately? They're very good value, I'd stock up bigtime if I could find them anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Has anyone seen these three-packs lately? They're very good value, I'd stock up bigtime if I could find them anywhere!

A bit OT, but best value I've seen in ground coffee of late is from Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/80144882/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

0lddog wrote: »
    A bit OT, but best value I've seen in ground coffee of late is from Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/80144882/

Certainly cheap, but it's only reasonable in flavour.

The best price/quality combination has to be the Lidl espresso @ €2.49

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=50438393

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

The Tesco Espresso is very good, €3.15 for 227g, http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252929909

I've been around most of them, and for me Lavazza wins out! (Well, Illy would win absolutely hands down, but I'd only bankrupt myself buying that.)

The twin packs are good enough value, but I just wish I'd bought about ten of the three-packs when I saw them last. I will if I find them again!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If you've a grinder.. not a bad job at €30.98 delivered!

Works out at about €1.94 per 250g.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭macannrb

I've been around most of them, and for me Lavazza wins out! (Well, Illy would win absolutely hands down, but I'd only bankrupt myself buying that.)

The twin packs are good enough value, but I just wish I'd bought about ten of the three-packs when I saw them last. I will if I find them again!!!

If you are looking for value and taste I would go for this combination

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hario-Skerton-MSCS-2TB-Coffee-Mill/dp/B001802PIQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367333038&sr=8-4&keywords=coffee+grinder+burr

and buy some coffee from recommendations here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=929

I got some coffee from one of the recommended sites, 5kgs for just under 50 euros.

Yes it takes a little time to pay back the cost of a grinder, but there is a taste difference to freshly ground coffee.

Worth considering for some, but admittedly not for everyone

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

That Lidl stuff is undrinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Saw them in Dunnes Georges St last night-they usually have them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

latenia wrote: »
    That Lidl stuff is undrinkable.

Really? I like it... I find Lavazaa a bit flat by comparison... and I was a lavazza drinker for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

gerryk wrote: »
    Really? I like it... I find Lavazaa a bit flat by comparison... and I was a lavazza drinker for years.

yeah, i'll be honest in terms of a discussion of good coffee bargains, I fly through the Lidl stuff and i've always considered it an excellent price for what you get. It's not tip-top of the range but for everyday use I'd say it's excellent value... which is the point of BAs after all :) Lidl is where i do most of my shopping so that's probably why i drink so much.

In terms of Lavazza, i agree that the Rossa packs are a bit flat in an espresso maker, nicer in a filter i would have said. However, i find the Lavazza Crema é Gusto is very, very nice (blue pack with a moka on the front) and is cheaper than the red pack in Tesco in Wexford most of the time. If i shopped Tesco regularly i'd definitely use that one over the Lidl pot, although the price difference is probably a euro or more off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

I really like Fixx coffee but I have to say Aldi Ethiopian Coffee is excellent in terms of price:quality.

latenia wrote: »
    Saw them in Dunnes Georges St last night-they usually have them in stock

And so they did - I got three packs! That should keep me in caffeine for a week or two :D

Nice spot, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Thanks OP

Love my Saturday ritual of getting up and putting on a fresh batch of ground coffee... it's the little things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Basq wrote: »

Was looking at that a few weeks ago, unbelievably cheap. Have you tried it?

kc66 wrote: »
    Was looking at that a few weeks ago, unbelievably cheap. Have you tried it?
    Yeah, get it quite often and think it's great.

Although they had a special for the 4KG of the Espresso Bar Coffee Beans for the same price recently.. and they're much nicer and quite stronger - though not sure if they're worth the extra tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Basq wrote: »

That's a great deal if the quality is there - have you tried it?

Oops, never mind - I should really finish reading before commenting :)

Bawnmore wrote: »
    That's a great deal if the quality is there - have you tried it?
    Replied above..

It's grand.. not gonna set your world alight but better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

cjlawlor wrote: »
    I really like Fixx coffee but I have to say Aldi Ethiopian Coffee is excellent in terms of price:quality.

Just on that Aldi coffee I used to get the Java version of it but seems that they have recently either changed supplier or the supplier has changed production method as the last 2 bags I got were not anywhere near the quality I had normally come to expect. Have since recently changed to the French Roast alcafe aldi coffee as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

+1 for Aldi's Alcafe range.

Mentioned it before on boards.ie.

Long time Alcafe Aldi French Blend drinker. If you've got a bog standard filter, the coffee is grand. A good sturdy, 'French Breakfast' experience.

aldifrenchblend.jpg

There's also an Italian blend. 3 blends in the budget range. Under €3 euro, typically. Don't be a brand snob, give them a try.. and be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Any of these Lidl/Aldi coffees good in a a moka pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Any of these Lidl/Aldi coffees good in a a moka pot?

i use the lidl espresso tin in my moka when i'm making coffee for more meself and the OH and i find it's still nice. Don't find that anything other than an espresso grind will do a moka justice and not sure aldi do an espresso grind? I'm sure someone can correct me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

gerryk wrote: »

Same here. Sure there is much better ground espresso around but we're talking multiples of €2.50 per 200g/250g. At this price level, Lidl is simply the best.

Lavazza Qualità Rossa is a blend of Arabica and the cheaper and inferior Robusta

Lidl is 100% Arabica, and much smoother for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Spotted Lavazza Rossa for 3€ @ Buy-LO in Kylemore road

Advertisement