Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Liverpool - Mod Notes #143 and #327

Comments

Phoenix wrote: »
    190px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png[SIZE="7"]VS[/SIZE] 180px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Big test awaits both clubs,should be an interesting game,team news etc to follow.

Suarez 2/1 to score a goal.

Will be having some of that.

Chelsea on paper should win but I think Pool might nick a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Either Chelsea will tear Liverpool apart or Pool to nick it 1-0. Can't decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool have won 3 of the last 4 games at the Bridge but obviously nothing should be read into that. Suarez to get boo'd by the home crowd, in supreme "lack of self awareness" moment, Luis to nutmeg Luiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Suarez 2/1 to score a goal.

:eek:

Cracking price, inform suarez against our shakey back line.

I think we'll take it but I still think we'll ship at least one goal, but hoping the front 4 can put in a shift and drag us through the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

30th meeting between the two sides in the past 7 years,

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No chance of a Liverpool clean sheet anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Phew Luckycharms didn't to the match tread.

joking man, joking.

On Sunday everything clicks for Liverpool and the revival begins.

Liverpool run out convincing winners.

2-4

may as well dream here than in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Leiva wrote: »
    On Sunday everything clicks for Liverpool and the revival begins.

Liverpool run out convincing winners.

2-4

may as well dream here than in bed.

Stop playing FIFA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Liverpool haven't a hope, no bush beating. A comfortable Chelsea victory

• Advertisement

Well boll*cks to it anyway, Cole is out of Sunday's game. :(

JT is in contention to play, hopefully not although with Cole out against Shakthar and seeing the problem that came down the right side I can see Bertrand starting and JT playing in the LCB position with Luiz on his right.

Boll*ks to Cole been out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1-1 with 2 red cards & lots of controversy.

This guy to referee it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

God i hope Terry starts.

Suarez will have a field day against him and Sideshow Bob.

The game will be won and lost in midfield. If we can keep Ramires quiet we're in with a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool will probably score. Chelsea will probably win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Gbear wrote: »
    Liverpool will probably score. Chelsea will probably win.

probably the best game of the weekend

Super-Rush wrote: »
    God i hope Terry starts.

Suarez will have a field day against him and Sideshow Bob.

The game will be won and lost in midfield. If we can keep Ramires quiet we're in with a chance.

I'd much rather Cahill and Luiz then any other pairing at CB if I'm honest.

If Liverpool do enough attacking then Ramires will be at least kept busy, hes not a great out and out DM but hes good at charging forward and setting the tempo for a counter attack, hes guility of diving into challenges and giving away frees but hes got a good % of tackles won in games I've seen so far.

Going to be very interesting on Sunday, I can see a very early goal in this game.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd much rather Cahill and Luiz then any other pairing at CB if I'm honest.

If Liverpool do enough attacking then Ramires will be at least kept busy, hes not a great out and out DM but hes good at charging forward and setting the tempo for a counter attack, hes guility of diving into challenges and giving away frees but hes got a good % of tackles won in games I've seen so far.

Going to be very interesting on Sunday, I can see a very early goal in this game.

I thin Cahill and Ivanovic are your best CB pairing, but with the lack of a RB he's stuck out on the wing against Sterling. Tbh i can't see us winning this in a million years and would gladly settle for 0-0 right now. Your lot have too many game winners.

syngindub wrote: »
    probably the best game of the weekend

Spurs and City will be the game of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

One thing is guaranteed in Rodgers interview “We were magnificent” yes Brendan sure you were.

Fancy the lad with the bucked teeth to score and do something mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

3-1 Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

One thing that baffles me. Would Chelsea not be better with Ivanovic at CB and Luiz at RB?

I remember being really impressed with Luiz at RB when liverpool played Benfica a few years ago.

He seems like a bit of a liability in CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well boll*cks to it anyway, Cole is out of Sunday's game. :(

Liverpool fans normally have the opposite reaction when we hear Cole is out before one of our games.

If Chelsea just sit back and hit us on the counter it could get embarrassing.

Predictions....Chelsea will probably win, but we will have more possession without looking like scoring unless Suarez works a bit of magic which appears to be 'The Rodgers'' philosophy.

Torres will probably score, with an assist from Reina.

If Sturridge gets a run out he won't pass the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Glen Johnson is fit, Rodgers has just confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Chelsea will score at least 2 but the key question is whether liverpool can match that or not. Apart from suarez I don't see too many goal threats. Chelsea will be on a high after wednesday. I can see a 2-1 home win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Liverpool always life themselves for Chelsea and its a great rivalry now, however, I think Chelsea are tough to beat these days - could be a 4-3 type of game, but Chelsea all the way )hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Terry and Luiz start = comedy.

I dont rate Ivan as a CB at all, not fond of him at RB either if I'm honest.

I would rather play Cahill and JT if it meant moving Luiz to RB, it would be like Ramos, free him of some defensive liability while still playing him.

But then playing JT against Suarez is asking for trouble, Suarez is intellegent enough to know JT is as slow as a wet week and he'll be turned all day.

Maybe a counter attack option woudl suit us for this game.

JT wanna keep his legs closed against Suarez. Was it a hat-trick of nutmegs last game?

Why isnt Cahill playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

3-1 to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Leiva wrote: »
    JT wanna keep his legs closed against Suarez. Was it a hat-trick of nutmegs last game?

It's other people's wives keeping their legs closed that occupies JT's mind.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gbear wrote: »
    One thing that baffles me. Would Chelsea not be better with Ivanovic at CB and Luiz at RB?

I remember being really impressed with Luiz at RB when liverpool played Benfica a few years ago.

He seems like a bit of a liability in CB.

LB.

He was superb when he played there against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Glen Johnson is fit, Rodgers has just confirmed.

Massive, massive boost. He's been sorely missed the last couple of weeks. Will be interesting if he goes Johnson (RB) and Enrique (LB) because that will be (correct me if I'm wrong) the first time the two have played at the same time all season.

I fancy us to score in this. Chelsea are rightly favourites though. But I wouldn't rule us out.

Just as we are capable of drawing with the worst teams in this league, we are also capable of beating the best.

Expecting a good game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I dont rate Ivan as a CB at all, not fond of him at RB either if I'm honest.

I would rather play Cahill and JT if it meant moving Luiz to RB, it would be like Ramos, free him of some defensive liability while still playing him.

But then playing JT against Suarez is asking for trouble, Suarez is intellegent enough to know JT is as slow as a wet week and he'll be turned all day.

Maybe a counter attack option woudl suit us for this game.

You serious about Ivan?????

You serious about Ivan?????

Yup. Hes not had enough games for us at CB to be thrown in there over Cahill/Luiz/JT.

At RB hes a decent option but thats down to the fact he has no competition either.

Hes a trier and always battles and chips in with the odd goal bit hes a limited FB IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Big game! Chelsea to heap more misery on Liverpool's season, 2-1 to the Blues :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yup. Hes not had enough games for us at CB to be thrown in there over Cahill/Luiz/JT.

At RB hes a decent option but thats down to the fact he has no competition either.

Hes a trier and always battles and chips in with the odd goal bit hes a limited FB IMO.

I know your a big Luiz fan but the lad is a liability , Suarez will make mince of him , Jumping in on every bloody challenge , he is a book thats been well red, and I fancy a peno from a Suarez /Luiz incident.

Give me a good solid performance from Ivan any day of the week , we have plenty up top without the need for Luiz to be marauding forward .

For Me the back line should be

RB : Ivan RCB : Cahill LCB : Terry : Bertie (since cole is out )

Mikel will have a big part to play in this game , he needs to breaking up play and providing cover for Terry , Allowing Rambo to set the tempo form the middle of the park .

Oscar to do something magnificent because the Kid is bloody amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Has Johnson played much this season?

RasTa wrote: »
    Has Johnson played much this season?

Has only missed our last 3/4 games. Has been prob our best player bar Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Can't see anything else other than a comprehensive Chelsea win, 4-1 being my guess; the gulf in class being evident.

• Advertisement

Liverpool going for their 4th win a row at the Bridge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

liverpool arent as good as chelsea and have no chance of winning imo:rolleyes:. but im always wrong so 4-1 to the pool . chelsea down to 9 men by half time , suarez scores 2 , stevie 1 and sahin 1, chelsea score from corner. game to be 'over' by 60mins. l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Along comes one of those rare occasions where I'm hoping for a Liverpool win.
    Can't see it at Stamford Bridge to be honest.
    If Liverpool are to get anything out of this they will need to score 2 or 3 imo.
    I reckon Chelsea will concede but will have far too much from midfield to up front to come out with anything less than 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Should be a good game! Huge boost with Johnson returning. Reckon well get caught on the counter with the 3 boyzzzz in behind Torres. Will be a good few goals me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Liverpool to take an early lead but Chelsea to come back and win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Draw 2 - 2, and Mr P. Power is getting my money to that effect. Happily lose the money to see a Chelsea win though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Liverpool to take an early lead but Chelsea to come back and win.

I think I've seen that film before,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

3-2 to the Blues.
    Torres to score and have it disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's going to be tight, but I expect Liverpool to come through with the victory. 2-1 for me. Suarez and Skrtel to get a goal each.

• Advertisement
Advertisement