Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Liverpool - Mod Notes #143 and #327

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't be unhappy with a point from Stamford Bridge. Liverpool were awful for an hour however and Chelsea have to ask serious questions about their front line again - Torres in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

6 games unbeaten in the league. Lets do a Juventus :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The Chelsea slump continues! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Leiva wrote: »
    Go and feck off with your "thanks Liverpool" before anyone tries that crap.

It was a fair game between Liverpool and Chelsea.
    THANKS LIVERPOOOOOOOLLLL !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'll take it, good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Go and feck off with your "thanks Liverpool" before anyone tries that crap.

It was a fair game between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Yeah it was, but the result also has implications for other clubs too.

Good result for teams looking for Chelsea to slip up. Which they have done today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Well I said it at half time, missing the chances cost us. Should have been comfortable, I was disapointed with liverpool, I was expecting more quality from sahin and allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Chelsea blessed towards the end. Good to see the blues still fear the reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Happy with the point. It could have gone either way. Cech wants Suarez jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Yakult wrote: »
    The great Chelski cant even beat a "mid-table" team at home. HA

Ah you admit Liverpool are a mid-table side, excellent.

Mistakes happen, Chelsea are 3rd Liverpool are 13th.

A fair result overall though, both teams had their chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

cambo2008 wrote: »
    THANKS LIVERPOOOOOOOLLLL !!!!!

Cambo I am a sucker for setting myself for a fall:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Thought Enqrique was very poor today, hard to believe he got motm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chelsea on quite the slump...has Di Matteo been sacked yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Perfect result for United. Chelsea drop points and Liverpool in 13th position to keep up the lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Can't be unhappy with a point from Stamford Bridge. Liverpool were awful for an hour however and Chelsea have to ask serious questions about their front line again - Torres in particular.

Sickened we didn't beat Liverpool today,should of won by 4 or 5 least,only if we had a proper striker.

Liverpool will end up finishing mid table,got very lucky there despite a 10 minute spell.

• Advertisement

Cambo I am a sucker for setting myself for a fall:D
    Wouldn't have said anything only ya mentioned it :pac:

Willlllllllllllyyyyyyyy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

2 points dropped imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Decent enjoyable match.

Carragher did well, and Enrique proved me wrong.

Liverpool came strong near the end, though if Chelsea want to win the league they should be beating teams like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Good finish by pool but chelsea should have been out of sight with the chances we had. We need to take our chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

colly10 wrote: »
    Thought Enqrique was very poor today, hard to believe he got motm

I do not rate him at all, but thought he was decent today. In saying that,no player really stood out.

Does anyone know if the Saville flag made it in?

Great second half, Chelsea f**ked it up by not killing it off earlier. Liverpool were terrible for the 70 minutes. Did well in the end and looked the more likely to get a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

J. Marston wrote: »
    Perfect result for United. Chelsea drop points and Liverpool in 13th position to keep up the lols.

I honestly think you get more satisfaction out of liverpool not winning than you do utd winning, it's fairly sad man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Willlllllllllllyyyyyyyy :pac:

He'll probably blame Suarez.......and he'll be right:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If we'd got rid of Allen for Henderson i think we could have won in the end.

Allen's worst game by a mile.

Johnson was superb.

Assaidi should have been given ten minutes as well.

I'm happy with the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't agree with Quinn picking Enrique as MoTM. He improved in the second half when the changes were made but kept giving the ball away in the first half and always looks vunerable when anyone was running at him.

Johnson was a constant outlet for Liverpool, always happy to take the ball and move with it, releasing some pressure and offering a genuine attacking threat.

The United fans sicken me coming in here saying stupid things,if it were the other way around there'd be chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Sickened we didn't beat Liverpool today,should of won by 4 or 5 least,only if we had a proper striker.

Liverpool will end up finishing mid table,got very lucky there despite a 10 minute spell.

Ah stop will you, they hardly has 5 decent chances in the match never mind score them, they were the better side alright but not to that extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Jones was quality, fair play to him. Enrique and Johnson were both equally good in my opinion, really think we need to get off the back of the latter. Carragher was an absolute rock tonight, but no one will probably give him any credit. Wisdom looked very green at times and Agger made one bad mistake but at least improved. Sahin didn't look like he gave a stuff, think we should get rid, not a fan of loan signings at all in general. Gerrard and Allen worked hard, but the latter in particular was too sloppy. Suarez was world class, fed on scraps and only denied a second by great goalkeeping. Suso changed the game when he came on, like I have said before, I think his future is playing centrally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

good performance from Enrique, hope he keeps it up now.. Johnson being back really helped us, need to keep him fit! Suso was shaky at first when he came on but did a better job than Sahin.. please keep Suarez fit!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I thought Enrique was poor, gave away an awful lot of ball. Delighted he got the shot on target at the end. Much improved toward the end.
    Yakult wrote: »
    The great Chelski cant even beat a "mid-table" team at home. HA

Your insight and views into this afternoon's match has me in awe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mostly good performances all around. Except Allen who was pants.

While still useless at passing Enrique was really good in defence for the most part. He was also good running with the ball.

Fair enough result in the end I think. Chelsea looked dangerous on occasion in the 2nd half but lost control of the game. Poor from them to be so dominant in the first half and let the game slip away.

Still a lack of cutting edge for Liverpool. Thank **** Suarez is very good at football.
    Suso was crap for a couple of minutes when he came on but he didn't look out of place afterwards. More of him centrally plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

for all the talk of Johnson, once again it was Enrique that created the best chance of the match. Don't understand the hate.

The United fans sicken me coming in here saying stupid things,if it were the other way around there'd be chaos.

The only thing I found sickening about this thread was when the Liverpool fan's were laughing and acting as if John Terry's injury was a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

for all the talk of Johnson, once again it was Enrique that created the best chance of the match. Don't understand the hate.

Yea, amazing how the person playing as a left winger created more than the left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

yeah, like opening multiple threads about referring conspiracy bs. oh wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Think we should have had the game wrapped up in the first half, had Mata taken his chance it would have been the difference I think. Once Liverpool got the goal they got themselves into the game,one or two of the young lads played well for them imo. Hope JT will be alright.
    Quinn was the worst part of today's game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Your insight and views into this afternoon's match has me in awe.

Excellent, sign up to my blog for even further insight into today's game.
    Yaks view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Point gained for Liverpool and 2 dropped for Chelsea. That's a loss & 2 draws in their last 3.

Mata really should have made it 2-0 just before half time. Great play following shocking Liverpool defending.

From A Liverpool POV, can they build on today and finally turn draws into wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

niallo27 wrote: »
    I honestly think you get more satisfaction out of liverpool not winning than you do utd winning, it's fairly sad man.

Not at all, you're just a nice comedy sideshow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The only thing I found sickening about this thread was when the Liverpool fan's were laughing and acting as if John Terry's injury was a good thing.

I dont think anyone said it was a good thing?
    Because it wasnt. Its a pity Chelsea's worst CB was off before Suarez got to make of show of him.
    Most mentioned karma, that was about the height of it.

I dont think anyone said it was a good thing?
    Because it wasnt. Its a pity Chelsea's worst CB was off before Suarez got to make of show of him.
    Most mentioned karma, that was about the height of it.

I didn't say anyone did either, I said they were acting like it was a good thing, which they were. Then again you did say one of the worst comment's was fair so I'd expect that response from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sad times for Chelsea when they can't even beat a club that will be lucky to be in the top half of the table come may ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great result.

Any pressure on Rodger's yet? Only two league wins by mid November and even Uncle Roy had 15 points by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I didn't say anyone did either, I said they were acting like it was a good thing, which they were. Then again you did say one of the worst comment's was fair so I'd expect that response from you.

Only thing is it was not only Liverpool fans, one of the worst comments about it was from a United fan

• Advertisement

People are entitled to their opinion.
    Just because you dont agree with someone doesnt mean they cant say something (as long as no laws are broken...and they werent), hence its fair.

If you dont like someone and something bad happens to that person are you supposed to say "ah he was a lovely lad, pity that happened to him"?
    I dont see why you should?

Xavi6 wrote: »

Any pressure on Rodger's yet? Only two league wins by mid November and even Uncle Roy had 15 points by now.

He will get the sack sooner or later (not this season) and rightly so if we continue to average 1 point a game.

time will tell.

but to compare to Roy is rather silly.

People are entitled to their opinion.
    Just because you dont agree with someone doesnt mean they cant say something (as long as no laws are broken...and they werent), hence its fair.
    It was enough to get a mod warning on the topic so it's obviously not all that ok.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It was enough to get a mod warning on the topic so it's obviously not all that ok.

Maybe. Or perhaps the mods were trying to calm the situation before it escalated into something more unsavoury?

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sad times for Chelsea when they can't even beat a club that will be lucky to be in the top half of the table come may ...

I know yeah,terrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement