Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom beyond a joke!

Options
  • 09-11-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Ok so,here's the deal,we're on Eircom Next Generation Broadband Ultimate package (which includes speeds of up to 24MB and unlimited upload and download allowance),which is costing roughly €130 every second month(includes phone which is rarely if ever used). Our download speed is currently 0.62MB with an upload speed of 0.31MB.

Only a month or so ago we had no broadband for about 10 days due to a problem with the exchanges which it took 2 engineers to sort,initially they were trying to say the problem was down to us. It wasn't even working great before that,possibly getting 3MB at most but since we've got it "fixed" we haven't even got 1MB. It's very hard to run 2 laptops at the same time,yet there's 4 people living here,absolute nightmare.

Best course of action to get this remedied as soon as possible? This ringing them up talking to foreign call centres is getting tedious and never solves anything,infact makes it worse if anything. One of my mates suggested complaining about them on Twitter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Eircom don't have foreign call centres. They do, like most other ISPs, hire non national employees as well as Irish.

If you don't like eircom, why are you a customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

No other option really living in a town in the midwest I'm afraid. Let this be the end of it,contract is getting cancelled if it doesn't get sorted today,would just liked to have got the chance to have sorted this out. Their call support is atrocious,up there with the likes of 3.

Have had problems with them for years but it's finally taken it's toll. Basically would be a customer with UPC if we were living in a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

"up to" is their get out of jail card!

You should downgrade to a cheaper NGB package (8MB) and drop the phone service from the bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sunflower2012

The best of luck. Don't give up. I am trying to return to Eircom and I am having problems already, unfortunately they will not cancel my contract because my calls were already switched over and not my broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

OP can you not get a fixed wireless service like imagine.

• Advertisement

Are Imagine any better?

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Are Imagine any better?

Have them here in Dublin and the speeds are pretty good as for what there advertised to be.

In a town in the MidWest it wouldn't be the same. Was with UPC when living up in Dublin,great service.

Will check it out though,thanks.

In a town in the MidWest it wouldn't be the same. Was with UPC when living up in Dublin,great service.

Will check it out though,thanks.

When signing up with them they wouldn't active the contract till I got the speed I was guaranteed give them a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

You could sue for breach of contract. At the minimum downgrade your contract, and if you can do it retrospectively. I had similar problems, I do find the good on the phone though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The best of luck. Don't give up. I am trying to return to Eircom and I am having problems already, unfortunately they will not cancel my contract because my calls were already switched over and not my broadband
    I had similar problems, contact comreg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ok so,here's the deal,we're on Eircom Next Generation Broadband Ultimate package (which includes speeds of up to 24MB and unlimited upload and download allowance),which is costing roughly €130 every second month(includes phone which is rarely if ever used). Our download speed is currently 0.62MB with an upload speed of 0.31MB.

Only a month or so ago we had no broadband for about 10 days due to a problem with the exchanges which it took 2 engineers to sort,initially they were trying to say the problem was down to us. It wasn't even working great before that,possibly getting 3MB at most but since we've got it "fixed" we haven't even got 1MB. It's very hard to run 2 laptops at the same time,yet there's 4 people living here,absolute nightmare.

Best course of action to get this remedied as soon as possible? This ringing them up talking to foreign call centres is getting tedious and never solves anything,infact makes it worse if anything. One of my mates suggested complaining about them on Twitter?

Hi MikeyGorse

I would be happy to help if you would like to PM me your account number/phone number.

Regards

Al

Advertisement