Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog book recommendations

• 09-11-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

With christmas coming i'm thinking of asking for a book. I've heard a lot about raw meaty bones by lonsdale? Is this the best one on raw feeding? I'd be interested on any dog books but more so on raw feeding, health and natural medicines. What interesting dog books have people read?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I have a very good one for an all around book, it's not specific on anything but goes into training, socialization, a bit of everything really. It's written by a vet but I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called. I will find out when I get home from college this evening :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just for those may be interested, PetCo [I think that is the name of the shop] the pet shop on the Long Mile Rd [Dub] has a selection of books on most breeds of dogs at a reducted price. I can't really say much more as I only use there to get live food for Cordelia. I just seen them as I was paying for stuff the other day.

It may or may not be of use to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Odysseus wrote: »
    Just for those may be interested, PetCo [I think that is the name of the shop] the pet shop on the Long Mile Rd [Dub] has a selection of books on most breeds of dogs at a reducted price. I can't really say much more as I only use there to get live food for Cordelia. I just seen them as I was paying for stuff the other day.

It may or may not be of use to somebody.

A lot of them book are very similar and really not much better than Wikipedia or something like that. All very very basic.

Advertisement