Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Toilet won't stop filling

• 09-11-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a new Toilet and since it went it it wont stop filling.(unless I turn the screw under the lid).

Here's a picture

211D4B3F-D5E6-46D1-9AB2-5011063713AE-8008-000005FF2B5A6844.jpg

So basically it fills to the top and heads into the overflow making that annoying sound so you cannot sleep. I turn it even the slightest and it turns off but its intermittent. One flush it might not refill and the next it might overfill. It's just tempermental.

It's like when the reservoir, that it supposed to push up the level to stop the water, does not float up with the water level or something.

Suggestions, advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Villaines

Is there no ball cock on the arm? Likely that is sticking. It may need to be adjusted so it's not touching the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Villaines wrote: »
    Is there no ball cock on the arm? Likely that is sticking. It may need to be adjusted so it's not touching the side.

I figured it out on Saturday evening. It's a Flow Valve I have. If I had known what it was called it wouldn't haven taken me so long.

The height of the Filling Valve section on the right need to be below the overflow valve. There is a small red clip seen in the picture which you pull out, turn the unit anti clockwise, set the height, turn it back, put back in the clip and when the water line gets above the blue section(lower blue section) it fills with water and shuts off the water.

Easy when I found out how but all my other toilets have the standard ball cock thing so hadn't seen one of these before.

Advertisement