Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digestive System (Serious Question)

• 09-11-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

When you eat soup which is kind of a liquid, how come you don't piss it out, or maybe you do I don't know, but say for instance I eat some oxtail soup why isn't my pee brown? Or that orange colour when I eat tomato?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

quick someone post a face palm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

because it all like science and sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

here you go
    ……………………………………..________
    ………………………………,.-‘ …………….“~.,
    ………………………..,.- …………………………..“-.,
    …………………….,/………………………………………..â€:,
    …………………,?………………………………………………\,
    ………………./…………………………………………………..,}
    ……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
    ……………/……………………………………………,: ……/
    …………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
    …………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
    ………../(_….â€~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
    ……….{.._$;_……â€=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~â€;/….}
    ………..((…..*~_…….â€=-._……“;,,./`…./ ………../
    …,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
    …………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-â€
    …………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
    ………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
    ,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
    …..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
    ……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
    …………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
    ……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
    …………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
    ……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    When you eat soup which is kind of a liquid, how come you don't piss it out, or maybe you do I don't know, but say for instance I eat some oxtail soup why isn't my pee brown? Or that orange colour when I eat tomato?

Can't answer. Can only provide another mystery for you - Guinness is liquid but it makes your poo black.... I bet your head hurts now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

At least our education system isn't in decline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Let me guess, you did Ag Science at school?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

And another!
    ......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How come I doesn't piss out croutons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Funny ***** I see :P

Any answer though?

That's kinda what I mean ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

There's your problem right there...
    Your Eating Liquids, your confusing your body.. Try drinking liquids..

Have you tried Barocca, the vitamen yoks.. They make you piss pure orange in colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Food, including soup and beer, goes from your mouth to your belly, where magic elves remove the vitamins and good things to make you big and strong, then the rest they pump into your piss pipe or shovel into your poo pipe.

bbam wrote: »

Yes but I can drink soup from a cup ;) So how does my body know the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Yes but I can drink soup from a cup ;) So how does my body know the difference

Have you never had a black piss after a night on the Guinness :confused:

i don't care to much why not... just thank god I dont :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Staplor wrote: »
    Food, including soup and beer, goes from your mouth to your belly, where magic elves remove the vitamins and good things to make you big and strong, then the rest they pump into your piss pipe or shovel into your poo pipe.

That's how schools should explain stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

If you drink cola your piss won't be black either.

jester77 wrote: »
    Have you never had a black piss after a night on the Guinness :confused:

No, No No..
    Thats the scutters... just as liquid as a piss but twice as hard to hold in !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Following on from the OP's question;

If I eat only Roses (the flowers not the chocolates) will my **** still stink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

That's kinda what I mean ;)

Whatever you eat, be it a liquid or solid all gets broken down into chyme by the acid I your stomach and that passes into your duodenum where it gets broken down more and then passes to the intestines where the nutrients are absorbed and the water is removed to form solid waste.

That water is passed to your kidneys to filter, and whatever waste is in your body gets passed to your bladder as urine and then you piss it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Everything that you ingest passes through your disgestive system. Whether it's food, liquid, chewing gum, a coin... everything. Between your mouth and anus some of the organs it passes through includes the stomach, small intestine and large intestine. Part of the large intestines job is to remove liquid from whatever you ingest (reason your poop should normally be solid). Obviously there will be more liquid to be extracted if you drink a lot of soup compared to say eating crackers. So you're pooping out the solid parts of your soup, it obviously just looks a lot different compared to when you ingested it.

The liquid that is removed from food by the large intestine enters your circulation. It's the kidneys job (food does not pass through here, not part of your disgestive system!!) to 'filter' the blood. Removes all the bads bits and suspends it in water so you can pee it out. Water removed from food is also used by the body to produce sweat. So in a sense you are still peeing/sweating out the liquid parts of the soup, but indirectly.

Hope this was a serious question and I haven't wasted my breath :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

1ZRed wrote: »
    Whatever you eat, be it a liquid or solid all gets broken down into chyme by the acid I your stomach and that passes into your duodenum where it gets broken down more and then passes to the intestines where the nutrients are absorbed and the water is removed to form solid waste. That water is passed to your kidneys to filter and whatever waste is in your body gets passed to your bladder and then you piss it out.

Sounds like magic to me; I'm pretty sure Staplor's answer is far more accurate ;)
    Staplor wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Quite so. Urine is excess water and waste byproducts from body cells, released into the bloodstream, which is filtered through the kidneys. Faeces are the remains of anything you drink or eat after nutrients and water have been extracted. The two systems are totally separate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I bet most of the people busy posting facepalms and jokes hadn't a clue either until some iof the proper explanations.

Sarky wrote: »
    Quite so. Urine is excess water and waste byproducts from body cells, released into the bloodstream, which is filtered through the kidneys. Faeces are the remains of anything you drink or eat after nutrients and water have been extracted. The two systems are totally separate.

So there is really no use eating your own ****e as it has nothing of nutritional value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

1ZRed wrote: »
    Whatever you eat, be it a liquid or solid all gets broken down into chyme by the acid I your stomach and that passes into your duodenum where it gets broken down more and then passes to the intestines where the nutrients are absorbed and the water is removed to form solid waste.

That water is passed to your kidneys to filter, and whatever waste is in your body gets passed to your bladder as urine and then you piss it out.

Does sweetcorn get a free pass then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Have you tried Barocca, the vitamen yoks.. They make you piss pure orange in colour.

I've been wondering what the **** was up with me! They are great in fairness.

So there is really no use eating your own ****e as it has nothing of nutritional value?

Have you heard of the human centipede? The reason this can't work is because our excretions have little/no nutritional value. Some animals have to eat their poop a few times to get all the nutrients etc out of food... but not humans afaik.

I've been wondering what the **** was up with me! They are great in fairness.

Yeah I noticed that, was told that if your piss is that colour you don't need the extra vitamins from those drinks and you have enough, that's why it turns extra green.

Im not saying its true just what I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I had a lot of Guinness last night. I wasn't peeing it out today either!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your body has expertly separated the water from the soup mix so your essentially back at square one. If you cleared out your system and then drank one cup of soup you could pee out the water from that soup and then dry out the pop and remix them again to get another cup of oxtail soup.

kneemos wrote: »
    Does sweetcorn get a free pass then?

If it passes through, it's normally because it hasn't been chewed properly. Stomach acid etc work best if things have been chewed properly first. It breaks food down further, but you need your mouth to give it a headstart. Small pieces = greater surface area and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Stomach fairies know the difference and they sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Very little of nutritional value to humans. It's crammed full of bacteria that live in the gut, and as they're evolved to live in the human gut, they're not very digestible. That's fine eating for other species though.

woodchuck wrote: »
    If it passes through, it's normally because it hasn't been chewed properly. Stomach acid etc work best if things have been chewed properly first. It breaks food down further, but you need your mouth to give it a headstart. Small pieces = greater surface area and all that...

Its like when you vomit, why do carrots always come back up whole no matter how you chew the bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

The reason you get this from multi-vitamins is your body has enough of, for example Vitamin B3 (Niacin), which would just be "pissed" out again. B3 (Niacin) is usually the culprit for discolored urine out of all vitamins and minerals... Don't confuse the lad.

Simple, viscosity. Foods are DIGESTED. Liquids are ABSORBED.

Soup is a food, not a liquid. Look at what it contains and you'll soon be able to seperate foods and liquids. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gandhi drank his own piss apparently. A peace lover.

Its like when you vomit, why do carrots always come back up whole no matter how you chew the bastards

It's not actually carrots (well, unless you've recently eaten carrots of course!). It's parts of the stomach lining being ripped away.

It's not actually carrots (well, unless you've recently eaten carrots of course!). It's parts of the stomach lining being ripped away.

No I mean when you have eaten carrots, I'm not talking eating SHAFT length jobs, but diced carrot, you can chew and chew, and always comes back up in one piece.

Just like sweet corn and your hole, comes out the same way it goes in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Hey OP, if you inhale a cigarette and fart why doesn't the smoke come out your ass?

• Advertisement

No I mean when you have eaten carrots, I'm not talking eating SHAFT length jobs, but diced carrot, you can chew and chew, and always comes back up in one piece.

Ah sorry :P I think root vegetables take longer for your stomach to break down, which is why you're more likely to see them in your vomit (but the stomach lining thing holds too whether or not you have eaten carrots. If you've chewed and chewed your carrots to the point of being puree, they won't come back up as a solid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Now your imagination is getting the better of you.

Carrots are a very hard food to digest because of the cellulose density in the veg. The human body cannot digest cellulose. The chewed carrots you have eaten, remain chewed. The don't come back as the pieces they were before you chewed them.

No way! I'm amazed.

smash wrote: »
    Hey OP, if you inhale a cigarette and fart why doesn't the smoke come out your ass?

Good question, Lets see the boards crew answer that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭jasonmcco

would it not have been quicker to ask google :rolleyes:

jasonmcco wrote: »

Yes but google doesn't have the funny answers like you get here.

Only the serious answers, which you also get here but I like the mixture of the two. :D

Yes but google doesn't have the funny answers like you get here.

Only the serious answers, which you also get here but I like the mixture of the two. :D

Like soup really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

jasonmcco wrote: »

I think google would alsohave returned a series of disproving image macros.

AS WELL IT SHOULD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Yeah I noticed that, was told that if your piss is that colour you don't need the extra vitamins from those drinks and you have enough, that's why it turns extra green.

Im not saying its true just what I heard

I take the tablet form, think they are a great energy boost in the mornings. I can definitely feel it if I don't take one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Soup is NOT a liquid. It's kind of an emulsion. They are solid particles, albeit very small particles of meat an or veg, suspended in water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement