Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I change from 02 to vodafone ?

Options
  • 09-11-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

If I buy a new phone from 02 can I change the sim card to Vodafone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If the phone you buy is unlocked to any network then yes.
    What phone is it? Can you link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 redcross

Samsung Galaxy S advance ,I can't find it online but I have a magazine with offers from Carphone Warehouse and if I buy it from 02 it's only 280 euro compared to vodafone and meteor where it is over 350 euro.

Does this mean it's unlocked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

redcross wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy S advance ,I can't find it online but I have a magazine with offers from Carphone Warehouse and if I buy it from 02 it's only 280 euro compared to vodafone and meteor where it is over 350 euro.

Does this mean it's unlocked ?

If you want to see the true (unsubsidized, unlocked aka SIM-free) price, look up and see what amazon or expansys are charging. If any of the network shops are offering it for significantly less, it's locked to that network.

Edit: Both expansys and amazon are selling that phone unlocked for €310 so the Vodafone and Meteor 'deals' you quoted are crap, try O2 and ask if it's unlocked. If the O2 offer of €280 is for an unlocked phone, you will be able to buy it as an appliance with no paperwork to do with a contract. If they ask you to sign anything, walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

O2 lock all prepay phones

Advertisement