Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet cable

Options
  • 09-11-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could grab 30meters of cat6 Ethernet cable in town plus extras like rj45 heads and stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

pc world have lengths already made up, they should have something for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

MacGyver wrote: »
    pc world have lengths already made up, they should have something for you

Cant be made up, turning the 30m into 3 cables every of random lengths plus need to be run around the house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

ah right, if you get no joy give me a pm next week and ill make ya up some. wont be able to do it this weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Doylers wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could grab 30meters of cat6 Ethernet cable in town plus extras like rj45 heads and stuff.

Try some of the electrical Wholesalers E.G Kellihers (opposite Smyths) or EWL in kilcohan Business park

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tony out in Trade electrical on the six cross roads business park will give you all you need, if you don't want to buy the crimper I can give you a loan of one plus a cable tester (to make sure you've the cables made up properly��) if you like.

I'm out of cat6 cable at the min, just have cat 5 cable but I wouldn't be certain if there's even 30m left on current roll, I've to order in more next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭timefora_J

Got some Belden Cat6 if thats any good to ya

Got sorted out everyone, €20 for 30m of cat6 cable + 10 rj45 heads. Seems like decent enough deal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Got sorted out everyone, €20 for 30m of cat6 cable + 10 rj45 heads. Seems like decent enough deal to me.

Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Looking for some myself.

lee3155 wrote: »
    Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Looking for some myself.

Trade electric on the 6 cross roads. There on the front of the industrial estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Trade electric on the 6 cross roads. There on the front of the industrial estate

Sound man!

• Advertisement
Advertisement