Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Strength and Conditioning Facilities

Options
  • 09-11-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone. I'm new in Boards.ie (just registered). My name is Pedro, i'm 30, living in Portugal but moving next January to Dublin.

I work in the Strenght and Conditioning area for 4 years in a Health Club. Here in Portugal, being graduated in Sports Science is enough to work in this area and if we want to improve knowledges and go further we specialize in personal training.

I have some doubts about how does this market works in Ireland, would you guys help me?

What qualifications do you need to work in a musculation room? Is this a wide market? I mean is there a lot of people working out and needing our services?

When you're working at the musculation room, you're just focused on peoples training, helping them, passing your knowledge or is it "sales oriented"?

I aprecciatte your answers, as moving to Dublin, i would love continuing to work and study on this area.

Best,
    Pedro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pedru_pereira

Would you answer me this:

The staff you find on most irish musculation rooms are personal trainers, or there are qualified staff there that doesnt try to sell us other services, nutrition or PT services?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Pedru, I've moved your posts to a new thread

I do like the term "musculation room" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pedru_pereira

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Pedru, I've moved your posts to a new thread

I do like the term "musculation room" :D

That's what we say here! :D

Wich are the most used Irish terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I think what you know as the 'musculation room' is what we refer to as the 'gun club'.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PTC Frankston

In Australia we call it a gym

If it has a sauna, or showers, or a spa, or treadmills, or bikes, rowers etc, its referred to as a Health Spa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 PTC Frankston

No musculation room here

PTcandbar007.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This is making me want to put 'musculation' in every time I say the word 'room'.

"We have to be precise; there's no musculation room for error!"

Advertisement