Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a good, basic video editing application?

• 09-11-2012 5:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

I just want to cut clips out of a longer video, maybe watermark it too. I tried Lightworks but it just seemed massively complicated.

Can be free or paid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Windows Movie Maker for the PC or the Apple equivalent, iMovie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Other than WMM, sorry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There is a learning curve to any of them, you better doing a few online/youtube tutorials then then trying to find simpler software. Basic edits with even then high end packages aren't that hard and there are shed loads of tutorials for the more well known packages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Can you recommend one then - that isn't Lightworks. I mean, I am quite accomplished with computers but that program is so unintuitive it's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

IMovie for the Mac.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Can you recommend one then - that isn't Lightworks. I mean, I am quite accomplished with computers but that program is so unintuitive it's a joke.

Premier Elements springs to mind, there's probably a 30 day trial of it on the Adobe site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

iMove for Mac, Windows you could try aneesoft video converter, the one I got to convert video, it provides easy video edit, can clip, crop, watermark, effect, deinterlace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

Sony has a free thing called PlayMemories that might do some of what you want, not the watermarking tho as far as i can see.

Advertisement