Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ardcavan business park?

Options
  • 09-11-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and if I've wrongfully posted this, feel free to delete.
    I have a job interview on Monday in Ardcavan business park but the only problem is I'm from Waterford. I don't drive and no-one I knows that do are available to take me so I'll have to get the bus.
    Does anyone know how to get from Waterford to this business park or should I just not bother? Are their local bus services that go anywhere near there? The bus from here to Rosslare stops can be seen here if any are even remotely near the business park.
    Thanks (and sorry if this seems idiotic. Local Geography is not my thing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Best bet would be bus to Wexford town and then taxi out to Ardcavan. It's only a couple of miles from the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Best bet would be bus to Wexford town and then taxi out to Ardcavan. It's only a couple of miles from the bus station.

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's a taxi rank beside the bus stop outside Wexford train station.Very handy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Wexford Bus's route from Wexford to Castlebridge serves the business park.

Timetable here: http://wexfordbus.com/timetables/wexford-to-castlebridge/

Fare 3 euro single or 5 return (just pay the driver on boarding). Bus departs just around the corner from the railway station where the Bus Éireann bus will drop you off.

The route 370 is the cheapest bus between Waterford and Wexford - 10.50 day return - buy on bus. But the only morning service is at 10.00 from Waterford. At other times take a route 40 - fare is a lot higher but 5% can be saved by buying it online via Bus Éireann website.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gb40

It wouldn't take long to walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

It wouldn't take long to walk.

I wouldn't recommend it... it's a very busy road and there's no hard shoulder.

I dropped my car down there to be serviced recently. Was waiting on herself to pick me up and decided I start walking towards town. After a about 150 meters I decided against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Plenty of taxis at the bus station and shouldn't cost you more than €5. Don't forget to take their number for the return trip. You are better off knowing you'll get to your interview on time and best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

Thanks everyone for your replies. Not going to be able to make the interview now because something important's cropped up. Thanks anyways. :)

Advertisement