Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Jack Off Coronation Street (Bill Tarmey 1941 – 2012)

• 09-11-2012 5:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

I started this thread as a way to help spread the news and also for us to show our condolences to the late Jack of Coronation Street played by Bill Tarmey who died this morning whilst on holiday in Tenerife aged 71.
    R.I.P Bill Tarmey 4 April 1941 – 9 November 2012
    May he rest in peace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

He created and portrayed one of the soap's best characters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP

He created and portrayed one of the soap's best characters

That he did..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Havent watched Corrie for 10 or 15 years now but most of my best memories of watching it as a kid were of Jack and Vera squabbling and fighting. Pure soap comedy, the synergy that Bill Tarmey and Liz Dawn had on-screen was never matched in the entire run of Corrie, in my view.

A real soap legend, and a good guy to boot.

RIP Bill Tarmey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Have to say it doesnt happen often but i shed a rear today...i grew up with corrie even thou i dont watch it now and there is a sudden saddness today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

gjc wrote: »
    Have to say it doesnt happen often but i shed a rear today...i grew up with corrie even thou i dont watch it now and there is a sudden saddness today

Completely agree with you its so sad to see such a great person die...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This last scene actually made me cry watching it when it was originally shown and still gives me a lump in my throat, it's the only time I think I've ever cried when looking at a soap. Best goodbye to a charachter I've ever seen.

God Bless Bill and thanks for the memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

bijapos wrote: »
    This last scene actually made me cry watching it when it was originally shown and still gives me a lump in my throat, it's the only time I think I've ever cried when looking at a soap. Best goodbye to a charachter I've ever seen.

God Bless Bill and thanks for the memories.

Had actually never seen that before, what a great ending to a great character indeed.

RIP Bill Tarmey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

RIP Bill Tarmey ... grew up watching Vera and Jack what a lovely man

Advertisement