Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet £318 Tesco Uk

Options
  • 09-11-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if many can get this but I managed it so thought it worth posting.

Tesco Direct have 20% off the samsung tabs making the note £318
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung-galaxy-note-16gb-101-inch-white/372-0246.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=372-0246

I tried using parcel motel but couldn't get it to work so managed to get someone I know from Belfast to order one for collection from the local store.

It also qualifies for the £50/€50 cashback deal so that drops the price to £268.

If its the first time using Tesco Direct you can also get £10 off using the following code TDX-WRKT

Hopefully this is of some use to others out there.
    FYI its €479 in irish stores and €50 cashback so theres a saving of about €100 if you can work it right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Good offer but the $399 nexus 10 is around the corner and worth the wait. No pen input though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Conar

cgarrad wrote: »
    Good offer but the $399 nexus 10 is around the corner and worth the wait. No pen input though.

Yeah I struggled and gave into impatience on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

cgarrad wrote: »

I read today that the Nexus 10 is on sale tomorrow (Tuesday) in the UK.
    How long I wonder will it take to be on sale over here? Will it be here before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭emo72

anyone know if tesco are selling the note 10.1 cheaper in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

For those of us with an aversion to the Vogon presence on earth known as "Tesco", you can get the same deal in John Lewis *with the addition* of a 2 year warranty.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231714902/Product.aspx - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet, 16GB, Wi-Fi, 1.4GHz Quad-Core, GPS, 10.1-inch Display, White. Note that the only discounted models I have come across are white, and we don't seem to have the 32g model over this part of the world.

This is currently priced at £318, with free delivery to the UK. Allowing €3.50 for parcel motel delivery to your local depot in Ireland this comes to about €410. Take away the €50 cashback from Samsung and it all bottoms out at €360 or so, delivered to Ireland.

Argos in Ireland currently have it listed at €480 here - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5089143/Trail/searchtext%3ESAMSUNG+GALAXY+NOTE+10.1.htm. Take away the 50 cash back and it comes to €430. They have it in the UK for £400 here - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5089143.htm.

Savings via the vogons or John Lewis in the UK - about €70 or so.

• Advertisement

Wider Road wrote: »
    I read today that the Nexus 10 is on sale tomorrow (Tuesday) in the UK.
    How long I wonder will it take to be on sale over here? Will it be here before Christmas?

Order on a proxy browser and ship to Parcel Motel...

My device arrived last night. I got an email from Parcel Motel just as I was returning from a couple of drinks and of course I couldn't wait till the morning so I headed off to the garage and picked it up. So far, so much fun.

Ordered Tuesday, delivered via Parcel Motel address in Belfast on Friday night.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I'm considering getting this as it would be a big help in college, but I don't need to buy till late January, do you reckon prices for it will drop much more by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

hello guys
    is this still a good deal,
    and is the note much better than the tab 2
    cheers

Jaafa wrote: »
    I'm considering getting this as it would be a big help in college, but I don't need to buy till late January, do you reckon prices for it will drop much more by then?

I don't see it dropping much more by then as its main competition is the Nexus 10 which I'd say caused this price drop.
    Electronics always drop though so you'll need to be the one to decide on that risk :-)

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    hello guys
    is this still a good deal,
    and is the note much better than the tab 2
    cheers

Seems to be matched by John Lewis but I still reckon its a good deal I'm happy with it.
    The extra memory , CPU power , and the pen make it a far better tablet than the tab 2 for me but its down to personal needs. I would imagine it will probably get 1 or to updates down the line that the tab 2 won't get from Samsung (jelly bean coming soon) but if you're going to flash custom ROMs that's not a biggie maybe?

Conar wrote: »
    Seems to be matched by John Lewis but I still reckon its a good deal I'm happy with it.
    The extra memory , CPU power , and the pen make it a far better tablet than the tab 2 for me but its down to personal needs. I would imagine it will probably get 1 or to updates down the line that the tab 2 won't get from Samsung (jelly bean coming soon) but if you're going to flash custom ROMs that's not a biggie maybe?

thanks,
    have friend in uk, i can send it there,
    did u get the tesco £10 discount aswell

thanks,
    have friend in uk, i can send it there,
    did u get the tesco £10 discount aswell

Yeah, did indeed. If you get your friend to order it and claim the flashback you'll get the £50 not €50.
    As Tesco say...every little counts!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Will John lewis offer not beat this?

Conar wrote: »
    Yeah, did indeed. If you get your friend to order it and claim the flashback you'll get the £50 not €50.
    As Tesco say...every little counts!

right
    if i order from here and send to my mate and he claims the refund will he still get the cash back in sterling, or is it connected to the card i order on,
    is it just the reciept that that he sends to them,
    thanks again,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I had made an inquiry with John Lewis the other day about delivery that you may find interesting

Please note that we are not allowed to deliver good to Northern Ireland; Fermanagh, Armagh, Tyrone, Londonderry, Antrim and Down.

and they quoted me a price of
    Postage: £33.87(via UPS, trackable to final delivery destination)
    for a Galaxy Tab 2

not sure if you can get PM to deliver to a British address and then here

Hmm.

I got my Note 10.1 from John Lewis last week, delivered free via Parcel Motel in Belfast.

What I don't get is the whole "we don't deliver to Northern Ireland" thing - how come the good folk up north don't raise a stink about that one ? It's like Amazon saying "We don't deliver to Texas" or something.

z

right
    if i order from here and send to my mate and he claims the refund will he still get the cash back in sterling, or is it connected to the card i order on,
    is it just the reciept that that he sends to them,
    thanks again,

To be honest I'm not sure. You have to wait 15 days before claiming so I haven't done it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Anyone know if it's available for about that price in any shops in Belfast?
    £333 in Currys/PCworld seems to be the best I can find.

There is the £50 cashback offer on top of that. (also £30 back from DSG if bought with a case).

It's just I'm heading up for the Belfast beer festival tonight.

I did see it for £317 on carphone warehouse but I doubt it's that price in any shops and I can't do a collection as they are out of stock in Belfast.

I went for the Currys one in Belfast. The case was about £30 so essentially that will be free once I get my refund. Plus the £50 cashback from Samsung. I'm still not clear if I will get £ or € but will see when I claim it.
    If it comes to it, I can use a friends address up north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

jamescd wrote: »

Typical, I could have saved £17...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

I saw this model last Thur. Available for £308 on amazon.co.uk - the prices seem to fluctuate quite a lot.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

237 pounds on Carphone Warehouse
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG_GAL_TAB2_10_WIFI_16GB_SIL/HANDSET?&colourCode=WHITE

Its over 70 euro dearer in Carphone warehouse IE when converted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

yop wrote: »
    237 pounds on Carphone Warehouse
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG_GAL_TAB2_10_WIFI_16GB_SIL/HANDSET?&colourCode=WHITE

Its over 70 euro dearer in Carphone warehouse IE when converted!

That's the Tab 2, not the Note.

coxy123 wrote: »
    I saw this model last Thur. Available for £308 on amazon.co.uk - the prices seem to fluctuate quite a lot.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-Tablet/product/B008UQ7KA4

Advertisement