Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes Error 3194

• 09-11-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a problem with iTunes.
    I am getting error 3194 when I am trying to reinstall iOS 5.1.1(which I am using currently). my iPhone 3gs is jailbroken aswell
    I tried a lot of fixs
    -cleaning the registry
    -using tiny umbrella
    -host files
    -doing it in dfu mode
    -even tried tried to restore it with redsnow
    None of the above worked so if someone could help me it would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a problem with iTunes.
    I am getting error 3194 when I am trying to reinstall iOS 5.1.1(which I am using currently). my iPhone 3gs is jailbroken aswell
    I tried a lot of fixs
    -cleaning the registry
    -using tiny umbrella
    -host files
    -doing it in dfu mode
    -even tried tried to restore it with redsnow
    None of the above worked so if someone could help me it would be great thanks.
    Does anybody have an ideas on whats wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Does anybody have an ideas on whats wrong?

Are you using the most recent version of iTunes?
    Have you got a good network connection? Connect to your router using a cable if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

When you say you are trying to reinstall 5.1.1 what exactly are you doing. It's not possible to restore to an older firmware unless you have SHSH blobs for that firmware

guil wrote: »
    When you say you are trying to reinstall 5.1.1 what exactly are you doing. It's not possible to restore to an older firmware unless you have SHSH blobs for that firmware
    Yes I'm trying to reinstall 5.1.1 and I have the shsh blobs according to cydia and tiny umbrella

Are you using the most recent version of iTunes?
    Have you got a good network connection? Connect to your router using a cable if possible.
    Yes the latest iTunes and I have a very good connection but doesn't seem to be working. I have tried plugging it in thanks for the suggestion.

• Advertisement

Did you use tinyumbrella to change your hosts file to fool iTunes. Click start TSS server

Did you use tinyumbrella to change your hosts file to fool iTunes. Click start TSS server
    Do I just press that cause I did that.

It should say TSS server is running underneath it. Anyway all this wont work unless you have an APTicket aswell. It was something added in iOS 5 to stop downgrades. I think you would of needed to use ifaith or sn0wbreeze to create an ipsw with the APTicket stitched. Don't know if you can do it now unless you get off the connect to iTunes screen

It should say TSS server is running underneath it. Anyway all this wont work unless you have an APTicket aswell. It was something added in iOS 5 to stop downgrades. I think you would of needed to use ifaith or sn0wbreeze to create an ipsw with the APTicket stitched. Don't know if you can do it now unless you get off the connect to iTunes screen
    Thanks but I'm not actually trying to downgrade I'm just trying to reinstall iOS 5.1.1

• Advertisement

Thanks but I'm not actually trying to downgrade I'm just trying to reinstall iOS 5.1.1

You'll have to treat it the same way as a downgrade because Apple aren't signing 5.1.1 anymore.

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm not sure. Kji had a headache a while back trying to restore an unsigned firmware and notcom who is the programmer for tinyumbrella said in a blog post that the blobs were useless without an APTicket

I'm not sure. Kji had a headache a while back trying to restore an unsigned firmware and notcom who is the programmer for tinyumbrella said in a blog post that the blobs were useless without an APTicket
    Ok thanks to the both of you I'll try them Tommorow

Advertisement