Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next door neighbours - are they breaking the law?

• 09-11-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭

My neighbours have had a few dogs in the 3 or 4 years I've been living next to them.

One of them was some sort of lap-dog. A small little terrier.

It was left outside in a little run. It spent most of the time utterly filthy. It would spend hours and hours barking during the night. By the way it peed on the floor one time when it got into our house, I would assume it was never house-trained.

I got the distinct impression that they couldn't give a toss about the dog. They seemed to make no effort to give it any attention.
    It disappeared a couple of months ago. Edit: It and another dog (not belonging to the family) were believed to be stolen. I wasn't suggesting they drowned it or anything.

Within a week they had replaced it with another small dog.
    It's spent a large part of the time since crying. Today they left it outside all day and it spent the whole day out. The dog has been crying horribly all day.

Generally the family seem like ignoramuses. They're loud, obnoxious and they don't seem to give a **** about their dogs. They seem to treat them like furniture or something to distract their kids with.

Is there any recourse I can take? These people do not deserve to have pets.

Comments

Advertisement