Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car chase Milltown

Options
  • 09-11-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody just see this? 4 lads in an Almera chased at high speed through Milltown, went in through Mount St Anne's and around the park pursued by Garda car. The got away from the estate but Garda cars coming from all directions...anybody know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gaz1

Yes I nearly died!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EuropaBoom

fullstop wrote: »
    Anybody just see this? 4 lads in an Almera chased at high speed through Milltown, went in through Mount St Anne's and around the park pursued by Garda car. The got away from the estate but Garda cars coming from all directions...anybody know anything?

Yeah just saw 7 Garda cars chasing them about. First they went town direction up the hill on milltown road an into mount said. Anne's. then they came back out and turned over milltown bridge up to clonskeagh. Anyone know if it ended?

EuropaBoom wrote: »
    Yeah just saw 7 Garda cars chasing them about. First they went town direction up the hill on milltown road an into mount said. Anne's. then they came back out and turned over milltown bridge up to clonskeagh. Anyone know if it ended?

I am not sure but I thought Milltown was a safe place to bring up my family. What is the world coming to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

gaz1 wrote: »
    Yes I nearly died!
    :eek: what happened?
    EuropaBoom wrote: »

They nearly got cut off on the way out of the estate. don't know what happened after that...the helicopter was out about 20 minutes too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I am not sure but I thought Milltown was a safe place to bring up my family. What is the world coming to.

It's shocking Joe, just terrible!

• Advertisement

Oh I was out for my usual evening stroll with my dog Billy, those rascals nearly mowed me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sandyford resident here. There was a massive garda presence here (counted at least 10 cars) in and around Wedgewood Estate between 6:10 and 6:30 when I was coming home from work. I can only assume they were after the same people

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curious James

Wedgewood Estate resident here, yep the chase ended up on our road, although from what we could make out I think the car in question got away or perhaps was abandoned by the lads who took off on foot. At least 7 squad cars, a paddywagon, a few guards on bikes and the garda helicopter all ended up here, they spent about 20 mins looking for the lads but didn't spot them arresting anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

One the helicopter is involved, it's unlikely that they got away.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Saw about 10 Garda cars between 18.25 and 18.40 on drumartin link road in Sandyford, 2 with full lights coming down it pulled in a couple of oldish cars, one going up had another pulled in then 3 more cars headed up toward M50. Helicopter over M50 at 18.40. Seemed a bit scatter gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Saw the entire thing as it ended, car went up Kilmacud road, tires gone, fire and smoke streaming out, three scummers driving. The got nearly as far as the beacon, and stopped. Went to foot chase, two were caught while one jumped the largish fence. The gardai went around and the helicopter was over head. I imagine he was caught soon after. Saw ripped up tire of the car on the side of the road. Was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Good stuff. Scrotes, lucky nobody was killed the way they were driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Giblet wrote: »
    I imagine he was caught soon after

I doubt he was. As of 8ish, there was a paddy wagon still patrolling my estate

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RickeyFluety

Oh I was out for my usual evening stroll with my dog Billy, those rascals nearly mowed me down.
    I was sitting in traffic when the cam down on my right on the path .. Clipped my car some damage done .. Made statement last nite mental

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Surfer

fullstop wrote: »

I was cycling my bike going down the towards the hill at Milltown and five guarda cars pass me heading the other way next thing I know as I am in the lane to go left over the bridge the Almera flies so fast and so close the I feel it on the hairs of my leg. The guarda cars then follow . One I see goes up towards dundrum and another the left turn after the bridge . It all seemed a bit Keystone cops. The helicopter seemed to be up over head by the time I was up at windy arbour. How no one was killed I do not know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 billim

left country pub after eight pints,****ers were watchin carpark,had a bag of coke on me,blue lights behind me,**** knew this day would come i drop the foot an gun it,their rite behind me the lights are unnervin i push rearview mirror and side mirror and concentrate on drivean as fast ass possible,late brakin 70plus into corners 100 on straights,cant shake that blue lite but im doin arite,****, car up ahead,were one mile from junction with major road,so i hit the brakes as i dont want car in front to see lights panic an maybe block my escape.now its me doin five miles an hour with garda car on my bumper honkin the horn an flashin his headlights as well as them ****in blue ones,cant believe this is happening.i time my accelaration with car coming to junction,im now 100percent commited straight thru,car approachin from other side fifty meteres away narrow road,its obivous im not stoppin they drive into ditch.cause garda stopped at junction im edgein away nicely,confidence growin im still 100percent,my house is after a turn before a nice straight i brake hard but skid about seventy feet past it,off brake keep goin,**** what now fork in road up ahead blue light just visable as i snap left

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

billim wrote: »
    left country pub after eight pints,****ers were watchin carpark,had a bag of coke on me,blue lights behind me,**** knew this day would come i drop the foot an gun it,their rite behind me the lights are unnervin i push rearview mirror and side mirror and concentrate on drivean as fast ass possible,late brakin 70plus into corners 100 on straights,cant shake that blue lite but im doin arite,****, car up ahead,were one mile from junction with major road,so i hit the brakes as i dont want car in front to see lights panic an maybe block my escape.now its me doin five miles an hour with garda car on my bumper honkin the horn an flashin his headlights as well as them ****in blue ones,cant believe this is happening.i time my accelaration with car coming to junction,im now 100percent commited straight thru,car approachin from other side fifty meteres away narrow road,its obivous im not stoppin they drive into ditch.cause garda stopped at junction im edgein away nicely,confidence growin im still 100percent,my house is after a turn before a nice straight i brake hard but skid about seventy feet past it,off brake keep goin,**** what now fork in road up ahead blue light just visable as i snap left

Welcome to boards, nice knowing ya - it was good while it lasted. ;)

and left again at my primary school,im now heading up a one mile steep hill towards the bog, i know theirs a dirt road up ahead that cuts across the bog and links with a road,its my best option.im over the crest of the hill,now travelling down hill two hundred meteres from my escape,cautious not to skid past like house.instinct takes over i turn off lights use handbrake to slowdown as im aware brakelights still come on with lights off make the turn and floor it in second cant see **** open door and anchor myself with elbow on doorcard foot on accelerator and hand on wheel.to my delight they fly past havent sussed what ive done.i switch on lights and continue my drive home passing my house again but optin to park at nearby farmyard.as i know they have my reg/adress.i walk home thru fields im out of my skin with adrenellen,im the ****in man.three days later garda at door cue cautioned memo,who has access to car etc,walkes around garden spits on ground,they write this down.ive had enough and begin to walk towards back door hes walkin after me,,run last few steps slam door ****off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Is this meant to be posted in the creative writing forum bad*ss

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Is this meant to be posted in the creative writing forum bad*ss

He should hook up with Trent! :eek:

(Sorry - that's an insult to Trent. :o)

• Advertisement

eventually court case,summons failing to state who was driving car on specified date,judge puts hearing case till after lunch due to its seriousesness,when it comes up he twice askes inspector can he jail me,afraid not kid,solictor says dont open your mouth,as if .fined 1000e no points.still have licence.dont see why i shud get banned for tellin my story and hope i dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

billim wrote: »
    eventually court case,summons failing to state who was driving car on specified date,judge puts hearing case till after lunch due to its seriousesness,when it comes up he twice askes inspector can he jail me,afraid not kid,solictor says dont open your mouth,as if .fined 1000e no points.still have licence.dont see why i shud get banned for tellin my story and hope i dont.
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Advertisement