Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for an old school/traditional piece

Options
  • 09-11-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Folks,

Haven't been keeping an eye on the Irish tattoo 'scene' in many years as most of my tattoos have been done abroad.

I hoped to get over to London at the end of the year to get my arm finished off but doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

I'm looking to get an old school/traditional/neo owl piece with a bit of a twist. As I say, I haven't kept an eye on the scene here so not sure where to start!

A few examples of what I'm looking for is a Phil Kyle, Jim Miner, Lars Uwe type piece in the style of these:
    tumblr_lqpe47sDVQ1r1lhk1o1_400.jpg
    l.jpg
    154318724701516869_3yjrFbto_b.jpg
    tumblr_m1uut4AwkH1r6ihrko1_250.jpg

Any suggestions etc. would be a help.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

http://www.tin-tin-tattoos.com/home.php

They're in Paris but their work speaks for itself. The facebook page has a lot of photos you can browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

For that style in Ireland I'd recommend Ross Nagle in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

+1 for Ross Nagle in Allstar Ink in Limerick he is definately the man to go to in ireland for old school/ traditional work!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.121606764531266.14942.121603737864902&type=3
    Album hasnt been updated in awhile but still some great traditional tattoos in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Angus in Awol Galway is great.

229051_254419371327688_357708017_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dermighty wrote: »
    http://www.tin-tin-tattoos.com/home.php

They're in Paris but their work speaks for itself. The facebook page has a lot of photos you can browse.

Hopefully its better than the dire layout on their websites gallery, what is it with so many tattoo shops inability to properly present their work online :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Who did the first piece in the OP? That's absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Padji1

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Hadn't seen Ross Nagle's work before, pretty damn nice.
    I see Xam is guesting there next week but I missed the chance to book a slot with him :mad:

Will try and have a chat with Ross and work something out.

@ Orim: That's a Jim Miner piece. Beautiful is an apt word for it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Padji1 wrote: »
    Folks,

Haven't been keeping an eye on the Irish tattoo 'scene' in many years as most of my tattoos have been done abroad.

I hoped to get over to London at the end of the year to get my arm finished off but doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

I'm looking to get an old school/traditional/neo owl piece with a bit of a twist. As I say, I haven't kept an eye on the scene here so not sure where to start!

A few examples of what I'm looking for is a Phil Kyle, Jim Miner, Lars Uwe type piece in the style of these:

154318724701516869_3yjrFbto_b.jpg

Any suggestions etc. would be a help.

Many thanks
    Thats fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Padji1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions folks. Hadn't seen Ross Nagle's work before, pretty damn nice.
    I see Xam is guesting there next week but I missed the chance to book a slot with him :mad:

Will try and have a chat with Ross and work something out.

@ Orim: That's a Jim Miner piece. Beautiful is an apt word for it alright

Ross always has Awesome Guest stars!! Nick Colella and Oliver Peck visit at least once a year, they are unreal at the old school/ trad style! i got a cool old school/ black nd grey tiger head from Oliver this year! absolutely love it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement