Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post office in Castletroy

• 09-11-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to send something for next day delivery. Does anyone know where there's a post office in Castletroy?
    I know theres a PO box on campus, but I need to pay for the next day deliver and what not, so..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

biohaiid wrote: »
    Hi, I need to send something for next day delivery. Does anyone know where there's a post office in Castletroy?
    I know theres a PO box on campus, but I need to pay for the next day deliver and what not, so..?
    there is a post office in the spar near milford. out the flagpole exit, go left, take first right and the shop/post office are on the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

In the Superquinn shopping centre, beside the internal entrance to the Medicare pharmacy. It's the site of the old Meteor shop.

freyners wrote: »
    there is a post office in the spar near milford. out the flagpole exit, go left, take first right and the shop/post office are on the left

That Spar shop has closed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Popoutman wrote: »
    That Spar shop has closed...

:eek::eek: when that happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

In the Superquinn shopping centre, beside the internal entrance to the Medicare pharmacy. It's the site of the old Meteor shop.

SuperQuinn .. How do u get to that?
    Is it the city centre bus and get off at round about the Parkway or am I thinking of somewhere different?

• Advertisement

Superquinn: Beside the Lodge. Walk out of the lodge, head left and straight through the roundabout, and left at the next roundabout.

Same carpark as the Odeon cinema, and McDonalds

Across the road from Briarfield.

Or, click here, and this is the shopping centre: http://goo.gl/maps/46YZ3
    Zoom out to get your bearings.

freyners wrote: »
    :eek::eek: when that happen?
    Been about 6-8 weeks now. Writing was on the wall when the new spar shop opened up by BOI/Delish, especially with the reduced range of products that the University Court spar has been carrying for a long time. The Post Office was pretty much the only reason that Spar was being kept open. Bit of a pity that the shop that was open for the past ~17 years shut.

Superquinn: Beside the Lodge. Walk out of the lodge, head left and straight through the roundabout, and left at the next roundabout.

Same carpark as the Odeon cinema, and McDonalds

Across the road from Briarfield.

Or, click here, and this is the shopping centre: http://goo.gl/maps/46YZ3
    Zoom out to get your bearings.

Ohhh yeah I know it now, Thanks!
    Does the bus go that direction?
    I dont really feel like walking that far ..

I've no idea if the bus goes nearby, but you'll be faster walking than waiting for the bus :)

It's less than 15 min walk from the East Gates..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Been about 6-8 weeks now. Writing was on the wall when the new spar shop opened up by BOI/Delish, especially with the reduced range of products that the University Court spar has been carrying for a long time. The Post Office was pretty much the only reason that Spar was being kept open. Bit of a pity that the shop that was open for the past ~17 years shut.
    Its closed since we were back anyway I think. That spar used to be one of the top 3 busiest spars in the country until the other one opened apparently.

Getting a bus to superquin is pure lazy. 10 minute walk from the arena through elm park

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    Its closed since we were back anyway I think. That spar used to be one of the top 3 busiest spars in the country until the other one opened apparently.

Getting a bus to superquin is pure lazy. 10 minute walk from the arena through elm park

You might want to consider that not everyone lives near the arena or elm park before you call it lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Bus can drop you off at the Lodge,
    Then cross the roundabout and you'll see it straight away,
    Can actually jump/step over the "wall" as well to save 30 seconds or so by walking straight ahead when crossing the round-about,
    Into the front doors of the shopping centre,
    Walk straight, turn right and I think it's the 2nd or 3rd shop on your right then,
    It's very green, you'll see it :P

Thanks, I think I know where Im going now. :)
    Does anyone know its opening times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I'd assume typical 9-6 hours,
    But I'll give a look in next time I'm in there,
    Which will be either today or tomorrow.

you need to send something next day delivery yet it takes you over 4 days to find a post office that is within walking distance. you are a very very special person

I only received the documents I had to send for next day delivery today myself.
    And I just sent them there now.
    Poor me, not so special now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

Just to let you know u can do next day delivery via the post room on campus its down in A block just inside the door to the left if ur coming from the archway at the laudrette

Just to let you know u can do next day delivery via the post room on campus its down in A block just inside the door to the left if ur coming from the archway at the laudrette

Oh good to know, I just pressumed they did deliveries. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Castletroy Post Office (in the Superquinn Shoping Centre) is open Mon - Fri 09:00 to 17:30 Mon - Fri and 09:00 to 13:00 on Sat. Unlike when it operated from the old Spar shop location it's now open over lunch which is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Use the post room on campus. I needed to post off my contract last week and used them. You don't need a stamp, just go in with your letter/ parcel and they will stamp and charge you accordingly.

Advertisement