Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MeRc 2008 For 2800E!!!!!!!!!!

• 09-11-2012 8:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭

Ok so i was looking around for a car to buy and i came across this car
    Link:
    http://www.nicarfinder.co.uk/used-cars/Mercedes-benz-E-Class/2008/PRV-112084/39929388/Page8/
    So as suprised as ye all are i contacted the owner looking for more info asking is it perfect no damage or accident
    So he gave me a repsonse:

Hello,

I still have the MERCEDES E220 AVANTGARDE CDI A SILVER for sale at the price of 2300,00 GBP The car has done only 33392 miles and comes with full service history.
    It's exactly as you can see from the pictures I've attached (excellent condition). Never been damaged or involved in an accident. I am selling the car because I just moved to Germany for a better job and I am looking for a quick sale.

Thank and let me know if it's what you are looking for.

And then i asked him:
    Ok if i can get it correct how much would it cost in euros the car as i live in limerick i am willing to travel up to you

He replied in 5 mins:

Hi
    The price in Euro is 2870.
    I moved to Germany and took the car with me but now I find it very difficult to drive (being a British model and having the steering wheel on the other side).
    Comes with new MOT and Road Tax, very good condition and all in perfect working order, HPI clear, the interior and exterior looks great, no accidents.
    Since I just got hired here and they offered me a work car, I can't ask for much free time and I am not sure if I can come to UK personally any time soon.
    I can deliver the car directly at your home address using an international shipping company and offer a 7 days return policy (that means that in 7 days once you have received it you will return it if not satisfied with it for any reason). For payment I am planing to use a secure payment method which will protect both of us and also release the funds to me only once you have confirmed that you are satisfied with the car.

I am so confident because I know the car's condition and excellent working order (more than sure that anyone can refuse such a car at such a low price).

Thank you

And then i asked him about the payment option which one has he in mind and again in 5 mins answered back:

Hi
    I intend to use the security provided by Google Checkout, because they have a great exchange program. The transaction will be fully under Google Checkout surveillance, giving us both security and insurance that nothing will go wrong. This way you will actually pay for the car after reception and inspection, considering that the funds will be deposited in their trust account and released to me only after you accept and confirm the delivery.Do you think a 7 days inspection period will suffice? Within this time frame you have to decide if you purchase it or not. If you decide against the purchase you will be fully refunded without any added charges to your account. The car will be returned to me if you reject it upon inspection, but I honestly doubt this will happen.

You can read their terms and conditions at: https://sites.google.com/site/purchasesafeonline/

Look forward to receiving your answer,

So based on all that is he a scammer what are your views on it and what should i do how do i know if he is a scammer or not if he is not i am lol really looking forward to made the deal with him but don't know what payment option to use
    looking forward to your responses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Scam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Scam. You wouldn't even get a car that was written off for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

String them along give them a taste of their own medicine :-)

long running scam

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/FEATURES/34034.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Offer to go and collect the car in person .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

04 E200 1,8 for €3,900 http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4141153 no worries ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭wasim butt

Capri wrote: »
    04 E200 1,8 for €3,900 http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4141153 no worries ;)

Awsome car but my budget is 3200E lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

wasim butt wrote: »
    So based on all that is he a scammer what are your views on it and what should i do how do i know if he is a scammer or not if he is not i am lol really looking forward to made the deal with him but don't know what payment option to use

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Seriously? :rolleyes:

I often wondered why some scammers bother as their scams are so obvious but what's also obvious the more you look into it, is there are alot of very gullible people out there .

Ok so i was looking around for a car to buy and i came across this car
    Link:
    http://www.nicarfinder.co.uk/used-cars/Mercedes-benz-E-Class/2008/PRV-112084/39929388/Page8/
    So as suprised as ye all are i contacted the owner looking for more info asking is it perfect no damage or accident
    So he gave me a repsonse:

Hello,

I still have the MERCEDES E220 AVANTGARDE CDI A SILVER for sale at the price of 2300,00 GBP The car has done only 33392 miles and comes with full service history.
    It's exactly as you can see from the pictures I've attached (excellent condition). Never been damaged or involved in an accident. I am selling the car because I just moved to Germany for a better job and I am looking for a quick sale.

Thank and let me know if it's what you are looking for.

And then i asked him:
    Ok if i can get it correct how much would it cost in euros the car as i live in limerick i am willing to travel up to you

He replied in 5 mins:

Hi
    The price in Euro is 2870.
    I moved to Germany and took the car with me but now I find it very difficult to drive (being a British model and having the steering wheel on the other side).
    Comes with new MOT and Road Tax, very good condition and all in perfect working order, HPI clear, the interior and exterior looks great, no accidents.
    Since I just got hired here and they offered me a work car, I can't ask for much free time and I am not sure if I can come to UK personally any time soon.
    I can deliver the car directly at your home address using an international shipping company and offer a 7 days return policy (that means that in 7 days once you have received it you will return it if not satisfied with it for any reason). For payment I am planing to use a secure payment method which will protect both of us and also release the funds to me only once you have confirmed that you are satisfied with the car.

I am so confident because I know the car's condition and excellent working order (more than sure that anyone can refuse such a car at such a low price).

Thank you

And then i asked him about the payment option which one has he in mind and again in 5 mins answered back:

Hi
    I intend to use the security provided by Google Checkout, because they have a great exchange program. The transaction will be fully under Google Checkout surveillance, giving us both security and insurance that nothing will go wrong. This way you will actually pay for the car after reception and inspection, considering that the funds will be deposited in their trust account and released to me only after you accept and confirm the delivery.Do you think a 7 days inspection period will suffice? Within this time frame you have to decide if you purchase it or not. If you decide against the purchase you will be fully refunded without any added charges to your account. The car will be returned to me if you reject it upon inspection, but I honestly doubt this will happen.

You can read their terms and conditions at: https://sites.google.com/site/purchasesafeonline/

Look forward to receiving your answer,

What car have you got at the moment?

• Advertisement

bbsrs wrote: »
    What car have you got at the moment?

Lol you don't wanna know i have my work car which is a van lol toyota hiace 98

Lol you don't wanna know i have my work car which is a van lol toyota hiace 98

I see from your other posts you're doing the junior cert next year and you already have a work van . Fair play.

I see from your other posts you're doing the junior cert next year and you already have a work van . Fair play.

Lol thanks my son uses this acc/
    Fair play to you for noticing

Lol thanks my son uses this acc/
    Fair play to you for noticing

Haha , i see, I was thinking a guy doing his junior cert and already has a work van has a bright future.

Haha , i see, I was thinking a guy doing his junior cert and already has a work van has a bright future.

Ha :)

Advertisement