Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared ownership loan

Options
  • 09-11-2012 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I would like to contact other people who are having problems with shared ownership :mad:.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skier

Hi

I am on shared ownership with cork county council. What's your problem with the scheme?

skier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭ladyeaston

hi i have paid 35000 off in rent and 5000 has been taken off so 30000 gone to the department which could have gone off the mortgage , i have sent mail to the minister of housing so it is a wait and see

my age is against me if you are 20/ 30 years old you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

ladyeaston wrote: »
    hi i have paid 35000 off in rent and 5000 has been taken off so 30000 gone to the department which could have gone off the mortgage , i have sent mail to the minister of housing so it is a wait and see

What % rent v mortgage did you have? Was your mortgage element with the Council? You should have got an annual mortgage statement, remember in the first few years of a mortgage most of the repayment is interest, so very little comes off the actual loan.

40/60 , near ten years paying and yes but what i want is rid of shared ownership and just have an annuity, drop the rent, we were told that we could only have shared ownership , its been stuck in the rent trap i hate anyway i am trying to get enough people together and go to the government buildings and get this changed, they did it with the taxi cabs over night and i am seven years trying to get this sorted so please people lets get together with our TDs and sort it out,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

40/60 , near ten years paying and yes but what i want is rid of shared ownership and just have an annuity, drop the rent, we were told that we could only have shared ownership , its been stuck in the rent trap i hate anyway i am trying to get enough people together and go to the government buildings and get this changed, they did it with the taxi cabs over night and i am seven years trying to get this sorted so please people lets get together with our TDs and sort it out,

What did they do with taxi cabs overnight?

The issue is that you have contracted to pay rent on a portion and a mortgage on the other. It sounds as if you want the rent forgiven. IS there a special case for a claim beyond those who might be paying a mortgage for a property which has similarly fallen in value?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Who told you this? You can buy out shared ownership from the Council at any time. I know quite a few who have.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MouseTail wrote: »
    Who told you this? You can buy out shared ownership from the Council at any time. I know quite a few who have.

Ditto- I know quite a few as well.
    Not sure what the OP is talking about to be honest........

OK I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE SHARED OWNERSHIP AND WHO WANT TO GET RID OF THE RENT PART AND THE MONEY THAT THEY WE ARE PAYING IN RENT SHOULD BE ADDED ON TO THE MORTGAGE IN FULL, SO THE FULL AMOUNT IS TAKEN OFF MORTGAGE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAVE A MORTGAGE, SHARED OWNERSHIP IS NO LONGER GIVEN OUT AS IT IS CLASSED AS UNJUST, SO OTHER PEOPLE WHO WISH TO WORK WITH ME GETTING THIS SORTED PLEASE RESPOND , ONLY PEOPLE WHO WISH TO WORK AT THIS WITH A GROUP OF PEOPLE, AND GET THE MINISTER TO CHANGE THE LAW ON THIS, OR IF ANYONE LIKE ME WHO CANT GO TO BANKS BECAUSE I AM OLDER AND WOULD NEVER GET LOAN,

PLEASE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SHARED OWNERSHIP RESPOND THANK YOU

Ditto- I know quite a few as well.
    Not sure what the OP is talking about to be honest........
    ALL WELL AND GOOD IF YOU ARE YOUNG AND CAN GET A LOAN FROM THE BANK, OR OTHERS,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

STOP SHOUTING. You can buy out the councils share, do some basic home work before starting a campaign.

ALL WELL AND GOOD IF YOU ARE YOUNG AND CAN GET A LOAN FROM THE BANK, OR OTHERS,

I ALSO KNOW LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT OUT THE RENT PART BUT I NEED ONLY TO CONTACT PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok- I'm closing this thread.
    If you're going to shout at other people- you can take it elsewhere- I will not tolerate behaviour like this from my 4 year old, and I damn well will not tolerate it from you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement