Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADE:Williams Defender Stargate PCB's and extra bits

Options
  • 09-11-2012 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭

Hi all

clearing out all my defender stuff. Been sitting in storage for an age and despite my best intentions - no sign of it ever going to be used any time soon.
    When I sold my main defender and robotron machines a few years back - I held onto these boards which were the best of what I had (all good kit)

Long shot but willing to trade for something like an iPads or decent drum or recording equipment... try me.

This lot cost me a fortune - all bought from the USA or UK. If no interest - it will be offered for sale and on jamma+ and ebay.

Not exactly sure of the numbers - think there's a few more boards there but approximately this is what I have to move:

original manuals schematics etc
    2 or 3 original control panels (1 with wire harness)
    bag of new plugs and connectors
    4 or 5 Defender ROM boards
    3 interface boards
    3 sound boards
    Stargate CP wire harness,
    2 Stargate ROM boards
    1 or 2 Stargate CPU boards
    buttons, leaf switches
    Rev B CPU board (runs em all - robotron, stargate, joust...)
    3 or 4 Defender CPU boards (all new rams)
    2 sets of 4116 replacement RAM IC's (50 total)

There's more there but cant remember exactly - I know there's a few more pcb's there somewhere, robo joysticks etc

I have an exact replica built of the defender as well - orig bezel, marquee, stargate marquee, defender cp etc - all going too...

I'll try get pics done if any interest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 t_man

Was wondering if maybe you have any boards with issues, as well as the working boards?

I have a Stargate, and looking for a Defender set that could be swapped in. Also looking for the 2 heatsinks to rebuild an older power board if you have any orphans.

Would definitely like to see some photos. Don't have any iPads or musical equipment though, anything else you're looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

t_man wrote: »
    Was wondering if maybe you have any boards with issues, as well as the working boards?

I have a Stargate, and looking for a Defender set that could be swapped in. Also looking for the 2 heatsinks to rebuild an older power board if you have any orphans.

Would definitely like to see some photos. Don't have any iPads or musical equipment though, anything else you're looking for?

Hi

Stargate! Cool;) Is it an original upright?
    I'm not sure if you know but you'd have to swap out the ROM and CPU board as well, to run defender on it. Sound and interface board should be perfect.

I havent checked the boards in years - I have test sheets with each of the boards from the last time I checked them in machines (when I had them) and most were working - or marked accordingly (blank screen etc).

I will stick up an add in adverts selling all of these and some more bits.

I'm very happy to stick some boards into your machine if you wanted 100% proof of operation. In fact you could help me aswell - ready made test rig ;)

Regarding original williams PSU boards/heat sinks - I honestly never bothered trying to get them operational and always just used switchers for reliability. Any PSU bits I had are long gone I'm afraid.

I'll get pics done but will likely be tomorrow - I'll stick up a batch on adverts some or all of the above for a reasonable offer. I would like to see it all going to a good home. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

removed

EDIT - mods can lock if required, being advertised on other forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement