Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy & Space malware warrning

Options
  • 09-11-2012 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

When I try to access the "Introduction to Astronomy, Want a telescope" thread in the the Astronomy & Space forum google chrome blocks the page and throws up a malware warning telling me that my computer will be infected if I access that page. Anything else I've glanced at in that forum is fine.

I'm not particularly tech savvy.
    Could someone who is look and see if there are any nasties in there or if it's just me and my laptop :o
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The image in the opening post, under "1.7 The celestial co ordinate system", seems to be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The Andromeda Strain

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Are you still getting that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Gordon wrote: »
    Are you still getting that now?

I don't want to check :o
    I ran a virus scan after the last time and it picked up one of those fake alert trojan things.

Has the pic Insect Overlord mentioned been removed?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The warning I was getting from Chrome is no longer appearing now that the image from the suspect website has been removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement