Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever

Options
  • 09-11-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭

Do you ever get out old CD's or even records.

This evening I have been listening to Jackson Brown, Bob Seger, jerry Rafferty, The Eagles, Fleet wood mac. I haven't listened to some of those Cd's in a long time.

So what do you put on when you are in a nostalgic mood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I seem to play the music my mother listened to. It could be anything from WW! stuff (Over There- George M Cohan) to Sixties -i think- (Nat King Cole) and up. Somehow they are comforting. Songs she sang probably go back to when she was a child and heard them from her Granny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

mariaalice wrote: »

So what do you put on when you are in a nostalgic mood.

I go to U tube, anything I want Is there. my favourites list consists of Frank Sinatra (Cycles) Mr. Blue skies (ELO),& a few German marching songs (Erika) to mention but a few. Going way, way back "in my fathers time" Connie Francis,Everly Bros. Ah! music is food for the soul at any age

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Leonard Cohen's my current favourite :D

Billy Furey
    Pete Seegar
    Alan Price and Georgie Fame

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I live in the past so wouldnt know nostalgia if it hit me in the face.:eek:

Recently ( well a couple of years ago now :o) I bought a new (Android) phone.

Between internet browsing, music player, internet radio and ( whisper it....tethering ) I'm in total aw of this little device:).

I've loaded the phone with music from the days when I was a pup.

Favourites :

Annie Lennox
    Francoise Hardy,
    Janis Ian,
    Joni Mitchel,
    Julie Felix,
    Karen Carpenter
    Kvitka Cisyk,
    Marlene Dietrich,
    Sandy Alpert.

( Dean Martin, Procol Harum & The Stones also got in with a song each )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Yes, listening to all the oldies but goodies is a great way to relive the past. I feel like going to a nightclub when I hear them all.......but then I come to my eyesight quickly enough when I realize that there are no nightclubs for my age !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

maringo wrote: »
    Leonard Cohen's my current favourite :D

Billy Furey
    Pete Seegar
    Alan Price and Georgie Fame

Brilliant! I love them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I do have a reasonable collection of old vinyl music that I am happy with. I also have some cassette tapes and some reel to reel tapes.

Depending on what mood I am in I do sometimes dig out some cd's to play on the computer while I am on it. But the choices are very wide and varied. Roger Whittaker, Frankie Laine, to Black Sabbath. Tchaikovsky to Finbar and Eddie Furey. Eddie Grant to Slade. My tastes are so wide and frankly weird I have no idea if I can pick out an all time favourite, and as I say it all depends on the mood I am in. Currently I am listening to an album by the Animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

As an old geezer of a dog maybe I'm out of tune on this thread but.....

Does anyone else wonder how it is The Beatles havnt made anyones list yet ?

I tried, really tried, ( went through Sgt Pepper, Let It Be, Abbey Road etc ) to find some of their work to put in the collection.

Nil, Nada, Nothing! ...................Francoise Hardy on a bad day puts them to shame.

Amazzzzzzzed,.........I know its true........ but Can Not Believe It.
    Why ?

Olddog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

The White Album is a great Beatles album imo.
    I've also started listening to The Doors again, and Pink Floyd.

Advertisement