Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The State Run Ophanages of Belarus

• 09-11-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

I would just like to remind everyone (especially those who are contemplating voting yes in the upcoming referendum) of the horific seens we saw in the state run orphanages in Russia, Belarus and throughout Eastern europe after the collapse of Communism. That is what happens when the state takes over childcare. Sure, this nightmare senario will not happen in Ireland today or tomorrow - but what happens if the country continues on its hellbent course toward bolshevism? Even if you do not think the country (and Europe generally) is going at breakneck speed toward bolshevism, we are certainly departing from the time honoured values of old fashioned capitalism. Consequently, the standard of living will inevitably fall in Ireland in the coming years and if the state takes charge of the children then Belarus style orphanages in Ireland are a definate possibility for future generations of Irish children. This video clip from Bulgaria states my point better than I can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDxM55P4AIw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Gillian1

I would also like to remind people of the guy over on After Hours who was nearly mugged by a 12year old with a knife this morning after reading his thread I will be voting yes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hawkeye123 wrote: »
    I would just like to remind everyone (especially those who are contemplating voting yes in the upcoming referendum) of the horific seens we saw in the state run orphanages in Russia, Belarus and throughout Eastern europe after the collapse of Communism. That is what happens when the state takes over childcare. Sure, this nightmare senario will not happen in Ireland today or tomorrow - but what happens if the country continues on its hellbent course toward bolshevism? Even if you do not think the country (and Europe generally) is going at breakneck speed toward bolshevism, we are certainly departing from the time honoured values of old fashioned capitalism. Consequently, the standard of living will inevitably fall in Ireland in the coming years and if the state takes charge of the children then Belarus style orphanages in Ireland are a definate possibility for future generations of Irish children.

I'd have thought the amendment to the adoption of children whose parents are married would in fact reduce the possibility of such orphanages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I'm sure the church will keep a good eye on the state - so no worry there!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hawkeye123

Gillian1 wrote: »
    I would also like to remind people of the guy over on After Hours who was nearly mugged by a 12year old with a knife this morning after reading his thread I will be voting yes.
    Sorry Gillian - you lost me completely, apart from the bit where you say you are going to vote yes. If that is what you believe is best in good conscience - fair play to you.

Advertisement