Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation cerimony

Options
  • 09-11-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey how is going? I have been invited by my friend to her graduation cerimony, do i have to bring some flowers or something? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Sylvie77 wrote: »
    Hey how is going? I have been invited by my friend to her graduation cerimony, do i have to bring some flowers or something? Thanks
    Well, not being judgemental or anything, but it's c-e-r-e-m-o-n-y.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Nothing is required other than attendance and looking fairly respectable. Though bringing flowers would be a nice gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

coolhull wrote: »
    Well, not being judgemental or anything, but it's c-e-r-e-m-o-n-y.......

It's not the OP that's graduating :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sylvie77

Well sorry but with my iphone I find very hard to write !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well sorry but with my iphone I find very hard to write !
    'Its impossible to write with an iPhone all right. Try sellotaping a pen to it!' he typed...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sylvie77

What kind of flowers?

What kind of flowers?

Any that she likes. You don't have to. Most people just have a meal or something afterwards then go to the bar and drink the night away.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I didn't even realize you are meant to invite someone to go with you. I thought that you just went by yourself

tgdaly wrote: »
    I didn't even realize you are meant to invite someone to go with you. I thought that you just went by yourself

It's optional. So if you want to avoid the family interaction you can.

Maldesu wrote: »
    It's optional. So if you want to avoid the family interaction you can.

True, it has its advantages so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

tgdaly wrote: »

You do. It isn't a debs! I suppose you bring the other half if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

My cousin just invited a friend because of a problematic family and had a brilliant day . Enjoy OP , it's a lovely day. No need to get flowers if you don't want to. The card shops have nice keepsakes , picture frames etc with graduation on it. Then your friend can put a picture of the two of you at the graduation in it :)

I can see why someone would want to bring a friend/date to their grad. I suppose it avoids you being stuck with the ma and da all evening

Advertisement