Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help- Cat not eating

• 09-11-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

For the last two days my cat who is a year old isn't eating and sleeps all day. She went missing for 2 weeks last month and we were lucky to find her. I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with their cat? Hope to bring her to the vet tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Hi Aoife, sorry to her that your cat is a bit out of sorts. When a cat totally goes off it's food it usually is a sign that there is something wrong, could be relatively minor however. Glad that you are taking her to the Vet to get is checked out.

My cat went off his food a few weeks ago, I initially thought that it was because I was gradually changing his food, trying to put him on to a less fattening diet as he can be a bit of a gannet. It got to the stage that he was virtually eating nothing and he suddenly got really thin, was also sleeping all day and was coughing up hairballs. Took him to the vet and was told that he had a heart murmur, born with it. Vet gave him an injection to stimulate his appetite and had to monitor him for a few days. He started to eat a bit but very little. He started to fall over when he shook his head. Panic stations, I was up with him all night. Second visit he got a different injection and was given tablets to give him every day for his heart. I was in a right state, followed him everywhere putting food under his nose. Anyway, after a couple of weeks he is back to his normal self, a gannet. If only I could get the pills into him as easy as the food does. He is now down to a tablet every two days. I am not panicking anymore (well not too much) as I know what I have to do, back in for his checkup on Monday so maybe they will reduce his medication even further. You will know more tomorrow, the vet will fix her, don't worry too much, but I know exactly how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Thankfully my cat is back to her old-self again today and is back eating. Thank you for your reply :)

Advertisement